Dr. William Rizzo practices Genetic Medicine in Omaha, NE. As a geneticist, Dr. Rizzo performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Rizzo carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Sjögren-Larsson syndrome: explaining the skin-brain connection.
- Proton MR spectroscopy of Sjögren-Larsson's syndrome.
- The molecular basis of Sjögren-Larsson syndrome: mutation analysis of the fatty aldehyde dehydrogenase gene.
- Peroxisome 1, 2, 3...
- [Sjögren-Larsson syndrome].
- Sjögren-Larsson syndrome: accumulation of free fatty alcohols in cultured fibroblasts and plasma.
- Genomic organization, expression, and alternate splicing of the mouse fatty aldehyde dehydrogenase gene.
- Microsomal fatty aldehyde dehydrogenase catalyzes the oxidation of aliphatic aldehyde derived from ether glycerolipid catabolism: implications for Sjögren-Larsson syndrome.
- Effects of fructose and troglitazone on phospholipid fatty acid composition in rat skeletal muscle.
- Fatty aldehyde dehydrogenase: genomic structure, expression and mutation analysis in Sjögren-Larsson syndrome.
- Unusual clinical presentation in two cases of multiple sulfatase deficiency.
- Diagnosis of inborn errors of phytanic acid oxidation using tritiated phytanic acid.
- Sjögren-Larsson-like syndrome with bone dysplasia and normal fatty alcohol NAD+ oxidoreductase activity.
- Sjögren-Larsson syndrome: seven novel mutations in the fatty aldehyde dehydrogenase gene ALDH3A2.
- Mutants in a macrophage-like cell line are defective in plasmalogen biosynthesis, but contain functional peroxisomes.
Dr. William B Rizzo MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
Dr. William B Rizzo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What is Neurofibromatosis?
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects the development of nerve cells and tissues in the body, leading to the formation of tumors in different parts of the nervous system. These tumors, also known as neurofibromas, may develop in the brain, spinal cord, along the nerves, or under the...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Lois Janelle Starr M.D.982185 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Eric Thomas Rush M.D.985440 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Richard E Lutz MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Bruce A Buehler MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Ann H Olney MD412 S SADDLE CREEK RD OMAHA NE 68131
- Dr. Omar Ali Abdul-rahman M.D.985440 NEBRASKA MEDICAL CTR OMAHA NE 68198