Dr. Nancy T. Starr M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology315 W 9th Ave Suite #200 Spokane WA, 99204
Dr. Nancy Starr practices Pediatric Urology in Spokane, WA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Starr is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Starr performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1985
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU- Pediatric Urology
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Extracorporeal piezoelectric lithotripsy in unanesthetized children.
- Microanatomy and morphometry of the hydronephrotic "obstructed" renal pelvis in asymptomatic infants.
- The incidence of antisperm antibodies in infertility patients with a history of cryptorchidism.
- Pediatric gynecology urologic problems.
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Urology; Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals 1985
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals 1987
- Pediatric Urology, Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago - Chicago, IL
- (Pediatrics), CHICAGO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, CHICAGO, IL 1990
Dr. Nancy T. Starr M.D.'s Practice location
Spokane, WA 99204Get Direction
Dr. Nancy T. Starr M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starr
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...