Dr. Dagnachew Assefa practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Saint Petersburg, FL. Dr. Assefa treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Gondar College of Medical Sciences, Addis Ababa University (Ethiopia) 1988
Addis Ababa U
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Ny Medical College, Pediatric Pulmonology; Ny Medical College, Pediatrics; Wayne St Univ-Detroit M C, Pediatrics
Dr. Dagnachew Assefa M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Get Direction
RICHMOND, VA 23226Get Direction
Dr. Dagnachew Assefa M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Croup and Epiglottitis: What’s Their Difference?
Croup and epiglottitis are two conditions involving the anatomical structures located in the throat. These two conditions are almost similar because their symptoms replicate one another. Croup and epiglottitis enable a child to have breathing difficulties. Both are infectious conditions; however,...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women worldwide. Lung cancer defies classification as a single disease affecting just one organ. The warning signs and painful symptoms represent major systemic disorders in different parts...
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Pneumonia: Are There Multiple Types?
What is pneumonia?Pneumonia is an acute lung infection that causes inflammation of the air sacs in either one or both lungs. The air sacs get filled with fluid or pus, making it difficult for the affected person to properly breathe. Individuals who have contracted the infection usually cough and...
- Dr. Tanya M Martinez-fernandez M.D.880 6th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Scott D Mckinley DO601 5TH ST S SAINT PETERSBURG FL 33701
- Dr. Deanna Mae Green MD601 5TH ST S ST PETERSBURG FL 33701
- Dr. Anthony Kriseman M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Magdalen Gondor M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Jeffrey Mark Ewig M.D.601 5th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701