Dr. Diane Peterson is a speech language pathologist practicing in MESA, AZ. Dr. Peterson specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Peterson evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Peterson helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Diane M Peterson's Practice location
MESA, AZ 85201Get Direction
Diane M Peterson's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Mrs. Tara Pegram M.S., CCC-SLP8505 E VALLEY VIEW RD SCOTTSDALE AZ 85250
- Tracy Plewa CCC-SLP1930 E SOUTHERN AVE TEMPE AZ 85282
- Meliss J Judd SLP2850 N 24TH ST PHOENIX AZ 85008
- Mrs. Jennifer Corey Breen4600 E SHEA BLVD STE 101 PHOENIX AZ 85028
- Sarah Kaitlyn Britto MS SLP CF3326 E MAPLEWOOD ST GILBERT AZ 85297
- Phyllis M Lopez1025 N COUNTRY CLUB DR MESA AZ 85201