Dr. William Michael Walsh MD
Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC, 29425
Dr. William Walsh is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Charleston, SC. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Walsh is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1971
Tulane University School of Medicine 1971
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Dr. William Michael Walsh MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68144Get Direction
- What is Medical Marijuana?
Medical marijuana refers to the legal use of marijuana for the treatment of several chronic and debilitating conditions. It is often recommended for symptoms including severe pain, nausea, and vomiting. Medical marijuana is used in the treatment of several diseases including multiple sclerosis,...
- Do I Have Migraines?
Do I Have Migraines?Migraines are one of the most common types of headaches that affect people. The irritating pain is often accompanied by characteristic warning signs like blind spots, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. Migraines are caused by the enlargement of blood vessels along with the...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Hospital-Acquired Infections Increases Mortality Rate in the ICU
According to the latest study presented at the 22nd European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, elderly patients treated with central catheter and/or mechanical ventilation devices in intensive care units are at a very high risk for getting hospital-acquired infections...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?
Do I Need Alpha-Lipoic Acid Supplements?Alpha-lipoic acid or ALA is an antioxidant that is naturally produced in our body. This fatty acid is required for the production of energy in cells and it also plays a major role in reducing oxidative damage by free radicals. Supplements of this fatty acid...
- Dr. Brodie Eden Mckoy M.D.851 LEONARD FULGHUM BLVD MT PLEASANT SC 29464
- Dr. William Joseph Carroll M.D.3510 Highway 17 N., Ste. 220 Mount Pleasant SC 29466
- Dr. Kenneth M Caldwell MD2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Eric S Stem MD2880 Tricom St Charleston SC 29406
- Dr. Andrew J. Mcmarlin D.O.966 HOUSTON NORTHCUTT BLVD STE E MOUNT PLEASANT SC 29464
- Dr. Eugene S Hong MD171 ASHLEY AVE CHARLESTON SC 29425