Dr. Joseph Anthony Vassallo M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease5454 Wisconsin Ave Suite 925 Chevy Chase MD, 20815
Dr. Joseph Vassallo is a cardiologist practicing in Chevy Chase, MD. Dr. Vassallo specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Vassallo also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1979
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Prostate Cancer
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Cardiovascular Diseases; New England Med Ctr Hosps, Internal Medicine
- New England Medical Center Tufts University
- University Penn Hospital
Dr. Joseph Anthony Vassallo M.D.'s Practice location
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Anthony Vassallo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vassallo
- What Is Costochondritis?
What is costochondritis?Costochondritis is the term for inflammation of cartilage junctions that hold the ribs and sternum or breastbone. The condition is related to chest pain that can affect anyone in the age group of 10-21 years old. Although the pain can often occur, it still remains a mystery...
- Lisinopril: What Are the Side Effects and Dosages of Lisinopril?
The standard dose of this medication for adults with high blood pressure is 10 mg taken by mouth once a day.The doctor may increase the dose up to a maximum of 80 mg per day depending on the requirement. For heart failures, the starting dose for adults is 5 mg per day and the dosage can be increased...
- What Is Orthopnea?
OrthopneaOrthopnea is a condition that causes breathing difficulties when an individual is lying down. It usually happens at night when the person is going to sleep. People with orthopnea usually experience tightness in the chest and being oxygen-deficit. The shortness of breath is due to lying down...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- Who Should You Call if You Have a Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive heart failure does not indicate that your heart has stopped working; instead what it indicates is that your heart is pumping blood at a slower rate than normal. Because the blood moves through the heart and the body at a much slower rate, the pressure in the heart builds up. Hence, the...
- What Are Antihypertensive Drugs?
IntroductionMedications that help treat hypertension are called antihypertensive drugs, which are divided into different categories. These medications work differently with different side effects. Because there are many antihypertensive drugs available, finding the best medication and treatment plan...
- Bryan H. Curry2041 Georgia Avenue Washington District of Columbia 20060
- Dr. Bryan Raybuck M.D.8505 Arlington Blvd Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Mrs. Georgia S. Willie-Carnegie MD2041 Georgia Avenue, N.W Washington District of Columbia 20060
- Mrs. Stephanie Schwalm Jacobs M.D.2002 Medical Parkway Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Tarek Abou-Ghazala3824 Highland Oaks Drive Fairfax Virginia 22033
- Dr. Ernesto Africano M.D.344 University Blvd West Silver Spring Maryland 20901