Dr. Virginia Schekorra is a dermatologist serving the Tampa Bay area for more than 26 years. Dr. Schekorra is experienced in Clinical Dermatology, Cosmetic Dermatology and Pediatric Skin Conditions. She ...
Education and Training
Northeast Missouri State University B.S. 1980
A.T. Still University of Health Sciences/ Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine D.O. 1988
American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Clinical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Acne And Complexion Problems
- Alpha-beta Hydroxy Treatment
- Blue Light Therapy With Levulan
- Eczema And Atopic Dermatitis
- Eye-lash Extensions (at Select Locations)
- Facial And Body Waxing
- Freckles, Age Spots And Brown Spots
- Frozen Section Surgery
- Ipl Hair Reduction (at Select Locations)
- Juvederm Ultra And Ultra Plus
- Moles, Cysts, Warts And Growths
- Pediatric Skin Conditions
- Plantar Warts
- Scalp And Nail Problems
- Skin Cancer And Melanoma Removal
- Skin Rashes
- Vi Chemical Peel
- American Academy of Dermatology - Fellow
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology - Fellow
- Florida Society of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic Association
- Metropolitan General Hospital 1995
- Metropolitan General Hospital (1995)
Professional Society Memberships
- Florida Society of Dermatology, American Osteopathic Association
Dr. Virginia Schekorra, DO, FAOCD's Practice location
Inverness, FL 34450Get Direction
Pinellas Park, FL 33781Get Direction
Lady Lake, FL 32159Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Virginia Schekorra, DO, FAOCD | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Virginia Schekorra, DO, FAOCD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schekorra
Dr is very kind..
Get to know Dermatologist Dr. Virginia Schekorra, who serves patients in Florida.
As a Florida dermatologist, Dr. Schekorra offers personalized treatment plans for those with a variety of skin, nail & hair disorders. She is experienced in clinical dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, and pediatric skin conditions. At present, she is affiliated with Tampa General Hospital & Northside Hospital.
Tampa General Hospital is a 957-bed non-profit, tertiary, research and academic medical center located on Davis Island in Tampa, Florida. As the region’s leading safety net hospital, Tampa General is committed to providing area residents with excellent and compassionate health care ranging from the simplest to the most complex medical services. The mission of TGH: “We heal. We teach.”
Serving the community since 1976, Northside Hospital is a 288-bed hospital, offering a full range of services including comprehensive and interventional stroke care, preventative and corrective cardiac care, full-service orthopedic and spine treatment, an ER 24/7®, and general surgery. Its mission states: “Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
At the start of her academic career, Dr. Schekorra graduated with her Bachelor of Science degree from Northeast Missouri State University in 1980. She then went on to obtain her Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from the A.T. Still University–Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1988. As for her training, she performed her residency at Metropolitan General Hospital in 1995.
In practice for over three decades, she is board-certified in dermatology by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology (AOBD). The AOBD is an organization that provides board certification to qualified Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine who specialize in the medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the skin.
In addition to being a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD) and a Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology (FAOCD), Dr. Schekorra is a member of the Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery & the American Osteopathic Association.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin, hair & nails. Dermatology is a specialty with medical, surgical & cosmetic aspects. A dermatologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing & treating skin diseases and deals with both internal and external causes as well as some cosmetic concerns involving the skin. Dermatological duties include taking consultations, providing screening tests, and undertaking treatment & surgical procedures for skin, hair & nail disorders.
- The Effects of Sun Damage
New research has reported that exposure to pollution may double the skin damage caused by the Sun. The study reports that extreme weather and smoking may also increase the damage caused by ultraviolet radiations. The results of the study were presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy...
- Does Ingrown Hair Always Require Medical Treatment?
Hair deviating from its normal growth pattern; hairs that curl inwards or grows sideways deeper into the skin present embarrassing acne-like bumps that become an eyesore. Ingrown hairs also bring pain and infection in their wake.Medical treatments cover the entire spectrum from symptom alleviating...
- Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
What is laser hair removal?Are you sick of using a razor or shaving creams every time you need to go to the beach and wear a bikini or when you are wearing a skirt and want to show off your legs? How about laser hair removal treatment? Laser hair removal is a treatment option based on photo...
- 5 Things to Avoid if You are Prone to Acne
1. Sugar: According to research, high glycemic index (GI) foods (sugary foods) cause the body to produce a hormone called insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1). This hormone tells the body to produce more sebum, which makes the acne worse. It makes pores appear larger as well. So simply switching...
- What Are Cold Sores?
Cold sores are small, painful blisters that form on the lips or skin around the nose, mouth, or chin. Also called as herpes labialis and fever blisters, cold sores are caused by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. It usually begins in childhood or young adulthood and continues to persist...
- How Fast Does Hair Grow?
IntroductionHair plays a significant role when it comes to the appearance of men and women. Hair has different structures and layers. The strength of the hair is attributed to the tough protein called keratin, which is made up of amino acid chains. A hair follicle is a sheath that surrounds the...
- Dr. Michael W Steppie MD1389 U.S. 301 Sumterville FL 33585
- Dr. Christopher David Ewanowski M.D.12900 Cortez Blvd Brooksville FL 34613
- Dr. Michael J. Freeman M.D.8750 SW State Road 200 Ocala FL 34481
- Dr. Charles T Dewberry DO931 U.S. Hwy 41 S. Inverness FL 34450
- Dr. Robert Gilbert Corwin M.D.8750 SW State Road 200 Ocala FL 34481
- Dr. David W Dorton DO7739 South Sun Coast Blvd Homosassa Florida 34446