Dr. Pavithra Shetty Thankachen D.D.S
Dentist | General Practice1701 Sunrise Hwy Bay Shore NY, 11706
Dr. Pavithra Thankachen is a Dentist practicing in Bay Shore, NY. Dr. Thankachen specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Dentists are trained to carry out such treatment as professional cleaning, restorative, prosthodontic, and endodontic procedures, and performing examinations, among many others.
Dr. Pavithra Shetty Thankachen D.D.S's Practice location
Bay Shore, NY 11706Get Direction
Dr. Pavithra Shetty Thankachen D.D.S's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Thankachen
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Magnolia Bark Extract Prevents Bad Breath
According to the results of a study published in, Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, magnolia bark extract contains chemicals that may prevent bad breath or halitosis. These compounds, called magnolol and honokiol, kill the bacteria that cause bad breath and cavities.In this study, nine...
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Denture Creams Can Cause Nerve Damage
A number of recent reports show that overuse of denture creams and other products leads to nerve damage. The major reason behind this damage is zinc poisoning from the products. Zinc is an important mineral required by the body, but the amount of zinc is usually balanced with that of copper. People...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Carla H Schlissel500 Montauk Highway West Islip New York 11795
- Natalie Krasnyansky70 Glen Cove Rd Roslyn Heights NY 11577
- Dr. Maria Grammenos DDS235 Boyle Rd Selden NY 11784
- Dr. Julie A. Izen DMD1 Main Pkwy Plainview New York 11803
- Dr. Bita Mosleh DDS1191 Pine Valley Rd Oyster Bay NY 11771
- Nathaniel Jacob100 Washington St, STE LB1 Hempstead NY 11550