Dr. Jose Antonio Pando MD
Rheumatologist | Rheumatology1305 Savannah Rd Lewes DE, 19958
Dr. Jose Pando is a rheumatologist practicing in Lewes, DE. Dr. Pando specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Pando treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Understanding and using antinuclear antibody testing.
- Lower prevalence of Chlamydia pneumoniae DNA compared with Chlamydia trachomatis DNA in synovial tissue of arthritis patients.
- Synovitis occurs in some clinically normal and asymptomatic joints in patients with early arthritis.
- Quantitative analysis of immunohistologic features of very early rheumatoid synovitis in disease modifying antirheumatic drug- and corticosteroid-naïve patients.
- Clinical and cost effectiveness of sacral nerve stimulation for faecal incontinence.
- Leukemic synovitis as the cause of arthritis in myelodysplastic syndrome.
- Application of Fast-Track Recovery Protocols in Single-Port Laparoscopic Surgery Versus Multiport Laparoscopic Surgery for Colon Resection.
- In vivo gene expression of type 1 and type 2 cytokines in synovial tissues from patients in early stages of rheumatoid, reactive, and undifferentiated arthritis.
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Vet Affairs Med Ctr, Rheumatology; Clinical Ctr At The Nih, Rheumatology; Yale New Haven Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Clinical Center At The Nih
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Jose Antonio Pando MD's Practice location
Lewes, DE 19958Get Direction
Lewes, DE 19958Get Direction
Dr. Jose Antonio Pando MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pando
- Cracking the Fibromyalgia Case!
Fibromyalgia is a difficult condition to diagnose. The depression, anxiety, brain fog, fatigue and pain that affect those with this condition has baffled the medical community for decades. However, researchers are making progress toward understanding fibromyalgia's complexities. ...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed world of healthcare. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a never ending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- Mali Ramara's Story: Turning Hair Loss Into A Source of Strength
Hair can be considered one’s crowning glory, and this is especially true among women who want to keep their hair healthy. But what would happen if one suffers from a disease that can cause their hair to start falling out? There are many diseases that can cause hair loss, and one of these diseases...
- Why These Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs Come with a Price
Healthcare and treatment can be extremely expensive. However, it is still hard to believe that one rheumatoid arthritis drug costs $40,000 a year - and even with competition, the price just won't go down.Renda's storyRenda is a wife and a mom trying to make it work like so many others out there....
- Standing: An Overlooked Issue in Fibromyalgia
The fibromyalgia disease is a very complicated disease that affects an individual in many ways than one. It has been researched properly and its effects have been made clearer. The fibromyalgia disease makes alterations in the functions of some parts of the internal body system such as: activating...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: What to Expect at a Visit with a Rheumatologist
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks the joints. This situation creates inflammation that causes the tissue that lines the inside of joints (the synovium) to thicken, resulting in swelling and pain in and around the joints.Whenever...