Dr. Jason Picconi is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Picconi specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Picconi can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Picconi can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
- The transitional phase of ductus venosus reversed flow in severely premature IUGR fetuses.
- Ductus venosus S-wave/isovolumetric A-wave (SIA) index and A-wave reversed flow in severely premature growth-restricted fetuses.
- Biophysical profile in the treatment of intrauterine growth-restricted fetuses who weigh <1000 g.
- Activation of β-catenin signaling in MLO-Y4 osteocytic cells versus 2T3 osteoblastic cells by fluid flow shear stress and PGE2: Implications for the study of mechanosensation in bone.
Dr. Jason Lewis Picconi M.D., PH.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
DES MOINES, IA 50314Get Direction
Dr. Jason Lewis Picconi M.D., PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Every Woman Should Know About Ovarian Cysts
Many women get an ovarian cyst of some type at some point in their life. Most are benign and do not cause any long-term harm. Having ovarian cysts certainly does not mean ovarian cancer. In fact, according to the provider reference Up To Date, most ovarian cysts do not need to be removed through...
- Single Embryo Transfers Are Safer for Having Healthy a Baby
According to an international study published in the journal BMJ, women who have single embryo transfer rather than double embryo transfer have more chances of having a full-term pregnancy in in vitro fertilization. This study was a review of medical literature carried out by D.J. McLemon, an...
- What OB-GYNs Wish Their Patients Knew about Ovarian Cancer
There are numerous things OB-GYN providers want their patients to know about ovarian cancer.For instance, that it is somewhat rare, but deadly. It ranks 5th in cancer deaths among women. Due primarily to the diagnostic issues noted below, about 70% of women are unfortunately in the most advanced...
- Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
What is ovarian cancer?Cancer begins when the cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Any cells in the body can start to become cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body. The beginning of ovarian cancer happens in the ovaries. Ovaries are basically the reproductive glands found in...
- Arthritis May Lead to Obesity
According to a new study, many adults who have arthritis have a one commonality; they are obese. If an individual has arthritis, he or she has a 54% higher risk of obesity, as reported by Jennifer Hootman, PhD, an epidemiologist with the CDC and co-author of the study published in CDC’s Morbidity...
- Syphilis: How Does It Affect Men and Women?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease that affects both men and women. The most common locations for the chancre to appear are in the penis, vagina, anus, and even in the oral cavity. There is not much difference in men and women as far as symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments are concerned....
- Dr. Tiffany A Von wald M.D.1500 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Meredith Lynn Kemper MD1500 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Michael M Fiegen M.D.1201 S Euclid Ave Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Kristin L Hermanson MD1500 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Laurie B Landeen M.D.1500 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Maria C Bell M.D.1500 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105