Dr. Walter Mazzanti is an ophthalmologist practicing in Montclair, NJ. Dr. Mazzanti specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Mazzanti can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Mazzanti can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1970
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Wills Eye Hosp, Ophthalmology; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Ophthalmology; St Vincent'S Hsp & M C-Ny, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Walter D Mazzanti M.D.'s Practice location
Montclair, NJ 07042Get Direction
Dr. Walter D Mazzanti M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Astigmatism?
Normally, the eye, cornea, and lens can easily focus light rays on the retina. The disease known asastigmatism is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea, and it can produce a clear, round dome covering the iris and pupil.The cornea and lens remain smooth and are always curved equally in all...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- What to Expect After Cataract Surgery?
As long as you are healthy, you don’t have any other eye infections and you don’t smoke, your cataract operation recovery should be without much ado. Research shows that several months after the surgery, most people get a positive outcome with better vision, clearer images and no other eye...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- What is Cataract Surgery?
The exact cause of cataracts is not known. Nevertheless, it seems that most cataracts are caused by long-term variations in the eye lens protein components which in turn causes cloudiness in the lens. Though not common, cataracts can affect infants and young children due to genetic enzyme...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Dr. Jeremy M Cotliar M.D.130 FORT WASHINGTON AVE NEW YORK NY 10032
- Dr. Andrew I. Miller M.D.22 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039
- Dr. Tod Haller MD30-74 36th St Queens New York 11103
- Julia P. Shulman20 East 9th Street New York New York 10003
- Dr. Kurt Jackson M.D.216 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. Jacqueline Dauhajre MD140 East 80th Street New York New York 10075