Dr. Susan Porter is a pathologist practicing in Brecksville, OH. Dr. Porter is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Porter can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Porter may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1999
- Cleveland Clinic Fndn, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Susan Elizabeth Porter MD's Practice location
Brecksville, OH 44141Get Direction
Cleveland, OH 44130Get Direction
Dr. Susan Elizabeth Porter MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Dr. Christopher Jude Klonk M.D.1 Perkins Square Akron OH 44308
- Dr. Timothy D Beddow MD2500 Metrohealth Dr Cleveland OH 44109
- Dr. Tom Carlo Deroche M.D.9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Enrique Cotes Other15644 Madison Ave Lakewood OH 44107
- Dr. William E. Katzin MD7730 First Pl Bedford OH 44146
- Dr. Paul Anthony Stagno M.D., PH.D.18101 Lorain Ave Cleveland OH 44111