Dr. Ann Burkhalter Oaks MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology601 N Elm St High Point NC, 27262
Dr. Ann Oaks is a pathologist practicing in High Point, NC. Dr. Oaks is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Oaks can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Oaks may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
University of Alabama School of Medicine 1991
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
- Wake Forest University Baptist Med Center
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Program
Dr. Ann Burkhalter Oaks MD's Practice location
High Point, NC 27262Get Direction
Dr. Ann Burkhalter Oaks MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Oaks
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Dr. Chad Richard Rund DO150 Collins St Memphis TN 38112
- Dr. Emmanuel Adegoke Fadeyi MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Scott Ethan Kilpatrick MD3333 Silas Creek Pkwy Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Wilson Glover Russell MD3333 Silas Creek Pkwy Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Brian Sutton M.D.2240 Remount Rd Gastonia NC 28054
- Dr. Sahussapont Joseph Sirintrapun MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143