Dr. David Sultzer is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Los Angeles, CA. Dr. Sultzer specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Sultzer helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1983
Physician Assistant Studies, Barry University, FL 1983
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Apolipoprotein E genotype and noncognitive symptoms in Alzheimer's disease.
- Impaired insight in Alzheimer disease: association with cognitive deficits, psychiatric symptoms, and behavioral disturbances.
- Does behavioral improvement with haloperidol or trazodone treatment depend on psychosis or mood symptoms in patients with dementia?
- "Life is not worth living": hopelessness in Alzheimer's disease.
- Valproate-induced hyperammonemia as a cause of altered mental status.
- Psychosis and antipsychotic medications in Alzheimer's disease: clinical management and research perspectives.
- Anxiety and regional cortical glucose metabolism in patients with Alzheimer's disease.
- Positron emission tomography metabolic correlates of apathy in Alzheimer disease.
- The neural correlates of naming and fluency deficits in Alzheimer's disease: an FDG-PET study.
- A key step for quality care in psychiatric emergency settings.
- Executive deficits and regional brain metabolism in Alzheimer's disease.
- The relationship between cognitive impairment and diabetes self-management in a population-based community sample of older adults with Type 2 diabetes.
- Cerebral metabolism, cognition, and functional abilities in Alzheimer disease.
- Effect of second-generation antipsychotics on caregiver burden in Alzheimer's disease.
- Discontinuation of risperidone in Alzheimer's disease.
- Association between cerebral metabolism and Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure Test performance in Alzheimer's disease.
- Brain structure and function related to depression in Alzheimer's disease: contributions from neuroimaging research.
- Drug-induced mania--causative agents, clinical characteristics and management. A retrospective analysis of the literature.
- Apathy associated with neurocognitive disorders: Recent progress and future directions.
- The functional neuroanatomy of verbal memory in Alzheimer's disease: [F]-Fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) correlates of recency and recognition memory.
- The Mild Behavioral Impairment Checklist (MBI-C): A Rating Scale for Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Pre-Dementia Populations.
- F-Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography Cortical Metabolic Activity Associated with Distinct Agitation Behaviors in Alzheimer Disease.
- Cortical Metabolic and Cognitive Correlates of Disorientation in Alzheimer's Disease.
- Cerebral metabolic correlates of attention networks in Alzheimer's Disease: A study of the Stroop.
- Effect of carbon monoxide on atherogenesis in normal pigs and pigs with von Willebrand's disease.
- The Neurobehavioral Rating Scale: reliability in patients with dementia.
- Cortical abnormalities associated with subcortical lesions in vascular dementia. Clinical and position emission tomographic findings.
- p(C) analysis facilitates dementia diagnosis.
- Neuroimaging and the origin of psychiatric symptoms in dementia.
- A double-blind comparison of trazodone and haloperidol for treatment of agitation in patients with dementia.
- Executive dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease: association with neuropsychiatric symptoms and functional impairment.
- Ucla Neuropsych Hosp, Psychiatry
- University Of California Los Angeles
Dr. David L Sultzer MD's Practice location
Los Angeles, CA 90073Get Direction
Dr. David L Sultzer MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Dr. Mafa Ribhi Kamal M.D.1127 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90017
- Dr. Shannon Easton-carr MD760 Westwood Plz Los Angeles CA 90024
- Dr. Corinna Keenmon M.D.2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Gopal Krishna Gabbur MD1611 Nw 12th Ave. Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Daniel Alan Plotkin M.D., M.P.H.1823 Sawtelle Blvd Los Angeles CA 90025
- Dr. Mark Kaplan MD3575 Cahuenga Blvd W Los Angeles CA 90068