Dr. Lanny Leo Johnson M.D.
Orthopaedic Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery4658 Chippewa Dr Okemos MI, 48864
Dr. Lanny Johnson is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Okemos, MI. Dr. Johnson specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Johnson tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Johnson treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
Education and Training
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1959
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Taking medicine back: Dx and Rx for orthopedic surgeons.
- A controlled trial of arthroscopic surgery for osteoarthritis of the knee.
- The pathology of the end-stage osteoarthritic lesion of the knee: potential role in cartilage repair.
- The New Microfracture: All Things Considered.
- The Long-Term Clinical Outcomes Following Autogenous Bone Grafting for Large-Volume Defects of the Knee: 12- to 21-Year Follow-Up.
- What I Have Seen and Learned Since Looking Through an Arthroscope: 43 Years and Counting.
- A Novel Quantitative Pain Assessment Instrument That Provides Means of Comparing Patient's Pain Magnitude With a Measurement of Their Pain Tolerance.
- Chondrogenic Effect of Intra-articular Hypertonic-Dextrose (Prolotherapy) in Severe Knee Osteoarthritis.
Dr. Lanny Leo Johnson M.D.'s Practice location
Okemos, MI 48864Get Direction
Dr. Lanny Leo Johnson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Johnson
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...