Dr. William Ehlenbach is a critical care surgeon practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Ehlenbach specializes in the needs of critically ill surgical patients. Critical care surgeons are experts in treating physiologic responses to tissue injury from trauma, burns, infections, acute inflammation, operation and more. They are also trained to know how such injuries interact with other diseases that a patient may have. As a critical care surgeon, Dr. Ehlenbach has a broad knowledge base and full understanding of the biology of the critically ill patient and the patients organ system functions.
Education and Training
New Jersey College of Dentistry 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- The impact of patient preferences on physician decisions in the ICU: still much to learn.
- Long-term outcomes in elderly survivors of cardiac arrest.
- The sobering reality of outcomes when older adults require prolonged mechanical ventilation.
- Considering age when making treatment decisions in the ICU: too little, too much, or just right?
- Prospective study of a proactive palliative care rounding intervention in a medical ICU.
- UW Health Patient Experience Physician Champion Award 2013
- Best Doctors in America 2013-2014
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 2006
Dr. William J Ehlenbach MD's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98195Get Direction
Dr. William J Ehlenbach MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- How Is Sepsis Diagnosed?
Since the signs and symptoms of sepsis can be due to other illnesses, diagnosing sepsis can sometimes be hard. A number of tests are done to identify the main infection that causes sepsis.Blood TestsBlood samples can be taken from two different parts of the body to detect the presence of the...
- What is Traumatic Cataract?
Perhaps the most poorly recognized key health challenge today is trauma. In the developed world, trauma causes monocular blindness. Ocular injury otiology may vary from one urban area to another and therefore needs careful investigation. Any approach for preventing trauma requires familiarity with...
- Alternative Treatments for Sepsis
Sepsis is caused by a bacterial infection that can begin anywhere in our body. Our immune system goes into overdrive, creating turmoil in the normal processes of our blood circulation. As a result, very small blood clots form, blocking the blood flow to vital organs. This can lead to organ failure,...
- Appendicitis and Appendectomy
Health care personnel can identify many cases of appendicitis by checking the patient's medical history and then doing a physical examination of the individual.The health care personnel will ask questions like:...
- Dr. Matthew Churpek M.D., PH.D.600 HIGHLAND AVE MADISON WI 53792
- Dr. James C Freeman M.D.700 S PARK ST MADISON WI 53715
- Dr. Stephen P. Taylor M.D.700 S PARK ST MADISON WI 53715
- Laurie N Rice M.D.700 S PARK ST MADISON WI 53715
- Matthew J Anderson M.D.700 S PARK ST MADISON WI 53715
- Dr. Anand Mohan M.D.700 S PARK ST MADISON WI 53715