Dr. Michaela Mayhue is a speech language pathologist practicing in LANCASTER, PA. Dr. Mayhue specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mayhue evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mayhue helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michaela T Mayhue SLP's Practice location
LANCASTER, PA 17603Get Direction
Michaela T Mayhue SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Frances Jeanne Anderson406 CHAMBERS RDG YORK PA 17402
- Mrs. Ladonna K Eddy-traina SLP625 COMMUNITY WAY LANCASTER PA 17603
- Amanda Pierce M.S.2137 EMBASSY DR LANCASTER PA 17603
- Rachael Franklin3995 E MARKET ST YORK PA 17402
- Mrs. Brenda Kay Gould MS, CCC/SLP2100 HARRISBURG PIKE LANCASTER PA 17601
- Erin Mcintosh MS, CCC-SLP4140 WILSHIRE DR YORK PA 17402