Dr. Samuel Freedman is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Pembroke Pines, FL. Dr. Freedman specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Education and Training
University of South Fl. College of Medicine MD 1988
Dr. Samuel M Freedman M.D.'s Expert Contributions
See a board certified Pediatric Endocrinologist. We're experts in growth and puberty. READ MORE
My daughter has increased TSH levels and is on thyronorm 25mg. Will it be a lifelong medication for her?
"Thynorm" sounds like a generic form of levothyroxine. It's crap. Use brand only Synthroid. Also 25 micrograms is less than a newborn baby would get. Not nearly enough as evidenced by TSH elevation. See a board certified Ped or Adult Endocrinologist if you want real healthcare. READ MORE
See a board-certified Pediatric Endocrinologist. We're experts in growth and puberty. READ MORE
Thyroid disease at that age is likely due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Autoimmune disorders can run together. Low ferritin indicates iron deficiency. Celiac disease and inflammatory bowel disease could cause low iron. Celiac would be more common for that age. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Staff Senior Endocrinologist Joe DiMaggio Hospital 1994 - 2017
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics FAU College of Medicine 2016 - 2017
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics Nova Southeastern College of Osteopathic Medicine 2005 - 2017
- - 2017
- Chapel of Four Chaplains Award1984
- Phi Beta Kappa1983
- American College of Physicians, Oklahoma Chapter
- American Accademy of Pediatrics
- Palm Beach Pediatric Society
- Broward County Medical Society
- American Academy of Clinical Endocrinologist s
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- American Diabetes Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Foundation
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital ( Hollywood, FL )
- Memorial Regional Hospital ( Hollywood, FL )
- Memorial Hospital West
- West Boca Medical Center ( West Boca Raton, FL )
Dr. Samuel M Freedman M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Samuel M Freedman M.D. | Endocronologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Endocrinology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Samuel M Freedman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Freedman
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- Dr. Robin Nemery MD1150 N 35th Ave Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Yong Bao MD1601 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33101
- Dr. Joshua William Tarkoff MD3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami FL 33155
- Dr. Gary D Berkovitz MD1601 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33101
- Dr. Luis E Gonzalez-mendoza M.D.3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami FL 33155
- Dr. Ernesto Jose Blanco MD1625 Se 3rd Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33316