Marc Herman, DDS, is a cosmetic, implant, and family dentist who diagnoses and treats patients at Advanced Dentistry of Long Island in New York. Furthermore, is on the faculty of North Shore University Hospital-Long Island Jewish Medical Center - Hofstra School of Medicine, Department of Dental Medicine, where he serves as the Chief of the Division of General Dentistry, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders, Medical/Dental Ethics, Sleep Disorders, and of Practice Administration. Dr. Herman has an impressive professional journey that spans forty years and has expansive knowledge and unrivaled expertise in all facets of general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and implant dentistry.
Dr. Marc W. Herman DDS's Videos
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Dentistry Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree 1979
- Value of gallbladder B-scan ultrasonography.
- Developing objectives for a core program on social aspects of medicine.
- Prevention of leakage of low-melting-point metals from styrofoam molds.
- Health care and the patient's needs.
- Shielding of the patient's gonads during intramedullary interlocking femoral nailing.
- Radiation safety precautions with 131iodine therapy.
- Radiation safety precautions with 131iodine therapy.
- Adjustment and psychosocial problems of Iranian and Filipino physicians in the U.S.
- Developing an instrument to measure attitudes toward nurses: preliminary psychometric findings.
- Medical students' opinions on economic aspects of the health care system.
- Coincidence counting of 123I in pediatric thyroid studies.
- Excretion and body distribution of promethium 147: a study in rats after intramuscular injection.
- Excess weight and sociocultural characteristics.
- Medical students' opinions concerning the health care system.
- Distribution of Iranian and Filipino physicians in the United States by region of residence and medical specialty.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of the Division of General Dentistry Hofstra School of Medicine, Department of Dental Medicine -
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Northeast Craniomandibular Society
- American Academy of Dental Practice Administration
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Nassau County Dental Society
- North Shore University Hospital General Practice Dental Surgery
- North Shore University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, the Academy of Osseointegration, the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, the American Academy of Dental Practice Administration (past President), the Northeast Craniomandibular Society, the Nassau County Dental Society, and the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
Dr. Marc W. Herman DDS's Practice location
Dr. Marc W. Herman DDS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Herman
Excellent staff. Excellent dentist. Modern clean office. Gives his home number for emergencies! Calls night before and day after appointment. HIGHLY recommend! 5 star quality and luxury.
Get to know General Dentist Dr. Marc Herman, who serves the population of New York.
Dr. Herman graduated with his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 1979, giving him over four decades of experience in his field. After obtaining his degree he completed his General Practice Residency with the North Shore University Hospital. Furthering his education he completed a Master of Science, Health Care Ethics from the Creighton University School of Medicine.
Dr. Herman is on the faculty of North Shore University Hospital-Long Island Jewish Medical Center - Hofstra School of Medicine, Department of Dental Medicine, there he serves as the Chief of the Division of General Dentistry, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders, Medical/Dental Ethics, Sleep Disorders, and of Practice Administration. Dr. Herman has received numerous awards, including the prestigious 30-Year Service Award from North Shore University Hospital. Additionally he has contributed to dental literature with several publications and serves on the editorial Staff of the Journal of the Academy of General Dentistry.
To stay up to date in his field, Dr. Herman remains a professional member of the The American Dental Association, The Academy of Osseointegration, The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, American Dental Association, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, The American Academy of Dental Practice Administration (past President), The Northeast Craniomandibular Society, Nassau County Dental Society, and the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology. As well as a Fellow of the The Northeastern Gnathological Society, American College of Dentists, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, The Implant Prosthetic Section, and The Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Herman currently practices with his private practice Advanced Dentistry of Long Island.
General dentists provide a wide array of services that are vital to patients’ continued health. These services include: preventive services — helping to maintain good oral health by stopping disease before it takes hold in the mouth; restorative services — receiving timely and appropriate treatment when a problem is identified; as well as cosmetic services — performing a range of cosmetic procedures, such as teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding - even porcelain veneers. General dentists also address overall health concerns, as oral health is seen as the mirror of general health. In fact, some dental problems may reflect issues in other parts of the body and vice versa.
- When Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
A toothbrush is not as clean as we think, and harbors more than 100 million bacteria, according to researchers at the University of Manchester in England. This includes E. coli bacteria, which cause diarrhea, and staphylococci bacteria, which cause skin infections. “This condition is the same as...
- Are Dentures the Solution to Your Dental Problems?
What are dentures?A denture is a device prepared by laboratory technicians in order to replace missing teeth. Dentures are a good option for patients without any teeth, or for patients with some missing teeth who want to have a beautiful smile again. Dentures are not only meant for cosmetic...
- What Are the Best Home Remedies for Dry Mouth?
Ever felt your mouth suddenly going dry and the need to reach for some water to get rid of the dryness? This is a condition that may occur to you frequently. It is called, fittingly enough, dry mouth. Dry mouth is a condition that can occur due to reduced amounts of saliva in the mouth. Dry mouth is...
- Plaque Attack: Habits That Lead to Plaque Formation
It goes without saying that good habits are the key for healthy teeth without plaque. Richard Price, DMD, spokesman for the American Dental Association, says that having teeth without plaque is easy. One needs to be consistent with healthy habits to have the best results.Plaque is a film of bacteria...
- Gum Disease is Common in Pot Smokers
A new study published in, The Journal of American Medical Association, reports that pot use is associated with gum disease. This disease, considered to be a disease due to aging, was very common among people who smoke marijuana. The result remained the same even after accounting for all other...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...