Dr. Joy Pfannstiel Carter M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)6807 Emmett F Lowry Expy Suite 200 Texas City TX, 77591
Dr. Joy Carter graduated with her medical degree from the Health Science Center in San Antonio followed by specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at UTMB in Galveston. Her interests include minimally-invasive ...
Dr. Joy Pfannstiel Carter M.D.'s Practice location
Texas City, TX 77591Get Direction
Lackland, TX 78236Get Direction
TEXAS CITY, TX 77591Get Direction
Dr. Joy Pfannstiel Carter M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carter
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- What OB-GYNs Wish Their Patients Knew about Ovarian Cancer
There are numerous things OB-GYN providers want their patients to know about ovarian cancer.For instance, that it is somewhat rare, but deadly. It ranks 5th in cancer deaths among women. Due primarily to the diagnostic issues noted below, about 70% of women are unfortunately in the most advanced...
- Health Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
In simple layman terms, bariatric surgery is weight loss surgery. Its main purpose is the reduction of the fat around the stomach in safe amounts. The weight loss is achieved by use of what is known as a gastric band, or removing a portion of the stomach. The removal of the stomach portion is also...
- What are the Treatment Options for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Polycystic ovary syndrome, or PCOS, is a hormonal disorder in women that may cause menstrual problems and issues with pregnancy. It is caused by imbalance of reproductive hormones which create problems in the ovaries. As a part of healthy menstrual cycle each month the ovaries release an egg. With...
- The Embarrassing Symptoms of Pregnancy: What People Won't Tell You
There are a number of symptoms of pregnancy, including fatigue, vomiting, and nausea, which are completely normal. In addition, many develop some awkward and embarrassing symptoms, like abdominal hair, belching and constipation, increased discharge from the vagina, and hemorrhoids. According to...
- When and How Is Ferrous Sulfate Used?
What is ferrous sulfate?Ferrous sulfate is a form of iron that can be obtained through supplements. Our bodies mostly get iron through the different types of food we consume. Iron becomes a part of myoglobin and hemoglobin once it is inside the body. Myoglobin enables the storage of oxygen in...
- Dr. Terri Pustilnik M.D.501 W MEDICAL CENTER BLVD WEBSTER TX 77598
- Dr. Tony Wen MD301 University Boulevard Galveston Texas 77555
- Dr. Mary Poag MD17 Professional Park Dr Webster TX 77598
- Dr. Bassem Maximos MD, MPH, PA651 N Egret Bay Blvd League City TX 77573
- Dr. Lillian Abbott MD17 Professional Park Dr Webster TX 77598
- Dr. Stephen Falk MD17 Professional Park Dr Webster TX 77598