Dr. Gonzalo Gabriel Gurmendi M.D.
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1736 Oxmoor Rd Suite 103 Birmingham AL, 35209
Dr. Gonzalo Gurmendi practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Gurmendi evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Gurmendi seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia Facultad de Medicina Alberto Hurtado 1983
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Univ Of Al Hosp, Psychiatry
- Johns Hopkins University 1986
- University of Alabama Hospital Program
Dr. Gonzalo Gabriel Gurmendi M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35209Get Direction
Dr. Gonzalo Gabriel Gurmendi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gurmendi
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Dr. Steven Mitchell Sugg M.D.2868 ACTON RD VESTAVIA AL 35243
- Dr. Leesha Michelle Ellis-cox MD, MPH1701 AVENUE D BIRMINGHAM AL 35218
- Dr. Stewart D. Waddell M.D.6 Office Park Cir Birmingham AL 35223
- Dr. Tom Brooks Vaughan MD2204 LAKESHORE DR BIRMINGHAM AL 35209
- Dr. Vinita Yalamanchili MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. James T Cullinan DO619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233