Dr. Douglas Kerr is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Kerr specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Autosomal dominant acute necrotizing encephalopathy maps to 2q12.1-2q13.
- Oxidative phosphorylation analysis: assessing the integrated functional activity of human skeletal muscle mitochondria--case studies.
- Somatic mosaicism in a male with an exon skipping mutation in PDHA1 of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex results in a milder phenotype.
- Mutations in the MPV17 gene are responsible for rapidly progressive liver failure in infancy.
- Treatment of mitochondrial electron transport chain disorders: a review of clinical trials over the past decade.
- Somatic mosaicism for PDHA1 mutation in a male with pyruvate dehydrogenase complex deficiency.
- Deletion at chromosomal band Xp22.12-Xp22.13 involving PDHA1 in a patient with congenital lactic acidosis.
- Spectrum of neurological and survival outcomes in pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDC) deficiency: lack of correlation with genotype.
- Review of clinical trials for mitochondrial disorders: 1997-2012.
- Somatic mosaicism for a novel mutation in a male with severe pyruvate dehydrogenase complex deficiency.
- Succinyl-CoA synthetase (SUCLA2) deficiency in two siblings with impaired activity of other mitochondrial oxidative enzymes in skeletal muscle without mitochondrial DNA depletion.
- Lethal neonatal case and review of primary short-chain enoyl-CoA hydratase (SCEH) deficiency associated with secondary lymphocyte pyruvate dehydrogenase complex (PDC) deficiency.
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Pediatrics
- Johns Hopkins University Affiliated Hospitals 1970
- Nutrition, Metabolism - University of the West Indies 1973
- Biochemistry - National Insitutes of Health 1968
Dr. Douglas S Kerr MD's Practice location
Dr. Douglas S Kerr MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- Link Found Between Hormone Therapies and Diabetes Among Transgender Patients
Transgender Patients and Recent Studies Relating to DiabetesThose who are having issues with diabetes already know what issues can be faced, in the present and down the road. Knowing when to seek help for these issues is challenging enough, but those who are transgender already face many more...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Celiac Disease May Shadow Type 1 Diabetes
A recent study has found that celiac disease may follow Type 1 diabetes, and it has found that children have a greater risk of having celiac disease auto-antibodies, which may then result in the disorder.According to Dr. William Hagopian, type 1 diabetes and celiac disease are closely related...
- Teenagers with Type 1 Diabetes May Face Body Image Problems
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Diabetes vs. Science: Who’s Winning?
What Is Diabetes?Diabetes is a serious chronic illness that could affect 552 million people by the year 2030, according to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). A person suffering from diabetes is at a much greater risk of heart attack, kidney damage, or stroke. Therefore, we are now putting...
- Dr. Ajuah O Davis MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Matthew Maximilian Feldt D.O.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Douglas G. Rogers MD9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44195
- Dr. Michaela Koontz MD11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland OH 44106
- Dr. Roy J Kim M.D.9500 EUCLID AVE CLEVELAND OH 44195
- Dr. Sumana Narasimhan MD11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106