Dr. Payal Patel is a pediatric endocrinologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Patel specializes in growth, puberty, diabetes or other disorders related to hormones that produce certain conditions in children and growing young adults. Pediatric endocrinologists possess copious knowledge on hormone chemicals and how they can affect other parts of the body and their functions.
Payal R Patel's Practice location
New York, NY 10016Get Direction
SLEEPY HOLLOW, NY 10591Get Direction
Payal R Patel's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- Pre-digested Formula May Reduce the Risk of Type 1 Diabetes in Infants
A new study has shown that pre-digested formula may reduce the risk of Type 1 diabetes in infants who have a high risk for developing this condition. The study reports that babies who were fed on pre-digested formula had a 50% lower chance of developing the kind of antibodies that predict diabetes,...
- What Is Metabolism?
IntroductionMetabolism is a complex biochemical process that is needed to maintain life. Availability of nutrients and nutrition are closely associated with metabolism since metabolism is a process that involves the conversion of food into energy, which is used to fuel the body's cells. The basal...
- Link Found Between Hormone Therapies and Diabetes Among Transgender Patients
Transgender Patients and Recent Studies Relating to DiabetesThose who are having issues with diabetes already know what issues can be faced, in the present and down the road. Knowing when to seek help for these issues is challenging enough, but those who are transgender already face many more...
- Glucose Monitor May Eliminate Need for Finger Stick
A novel system that has already been approved has a revolutionary technology to monitor blood sugar levels. It works with a small sensor that is placed on the arm of the person being monitored and gives reports minute by minute.Glucose monitoring is something that people with diabetes should do...
- Hypothyroidism: Why Am I Always Exhausted?
Hypothyroidism is a common condition in which the thyroid gland is underactive and does not produce enough hormones. These hormones are very important in maintaining the metabolism of the body. Metabolism refers to the process by which cells produce and utilize energy from food. A reduction in the...
- Dr. Chhaya Chakrabarti MD89-18 Lefferts Blvd. Richmond Hill New York 11418
- Dr. Rubina A. Heptula M.D.3415 Bainbridge Avenue New York New York 10467
- Dr. Liana Gabriel D.O.101 MINEOLA BLVD MINEOLA NY 11501
- Dr. Charles A Sklar MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Graeme Frank MD1991 Marcus Ave New Hyde Park NY 11042
- Dr. Christopher Joseph Romero MD200 North Wolfe St 3rd Floor Baltimore MD 21287