Dr. Brian Blackwood is a general surgeon practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Blackwood specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Blackwood provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
- Cronobacter spp.
- Fetus in Fetu-A Case Report with a Variant Host Anastomosis.
- Variability in Antibiotic Regimens for Surgical Necrotizing Enterocolitis Highlights the Need for New Guidelines.
- 10-Year Analysis of Benign Ovarian Teratomas: Outcomes and Follow-Up.
- Pediatric Intussusception: Decreased Surgical Risk with Timely Transfer to a Children's Hospital.
- Probiotic Species Strengthen Intestinal Barrier Function and Tight Junction Integrity in Experimental Necrotizing Enterocolitis.
Dr. Brian P Blackwood M.D.'s Practice location
Chicago, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Brian P Blackwood M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What Are the Different Types of Hysterectomies?
Removing the womb or uterus surgically has always been an option for women troubled by severe bleeding, uncontrolled fibroid growth, painful endometriosis, and spreading cancer. Removing the source of the problem has been considered the best remedy for relieving these painful symptoms that...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- Hysterectomy: What to Expect During Your Recovery
Though a hysterectomy is categorized as a major operation, more women are going under the knife for it than before, and this is mainly due to less intrusive surgical procedures that lower the pain involved, shorten surgical scars, and speed up recovery.In abdominal surgery, a T-shaped surgical...
- Abdominal Pain: Is It Appendicitis?
The abdomen is the part of your body below your chest and above the pelvic region, and any pain in this area is referred to as abdominal pain. Almost everybody would have experienced pain in the abdomen one time or another. Most causes are harmless and can be diagnosed and treated easily. However,...
- Jaishankar Raman MBBS, MMED, FRACS, P180 Harvester Dr Willowbrook IL 60527
- Dr. Samson Chan MD2333 W. Irving Park Rd Chicago IL 60618
- Garcia Roca825 North Hoyne Avenue Chicago Illinois 60622
- Dr. Bryce Joseph chalmar Bardezbanian MD840 S Wood St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Troy Allen Pittman M.D.3800 Reservoir Road, Nw Washington DC 20007