Dr. Bruce Keith Bohnker MD
Preventative Medicine Specialist | Occupational Medicine9210 Florida Palm Dr Tampa FL, 33619
Bruce Bohnker is a preventative medicine specialist practicing in Tampa, FL. Bohnker specializes in the health of individuals, communities, and particular populations, focusing on how to protect and maintain health as well as prevent disease and dangers. As a preventative health specialist, Bohnker participates in the planning and evaluation of health services, researches diseases in specific populations and helps manage health care organizations. Preventative medicine specialists can specialize further in aerospace medicine, occupational medicine, or public health and general preventive medicine.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services University F. Edward HÃ©bert School of Medicine MD
Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences,Bethesda, Md, United States 1982
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine 1978
Preventative MedicineAmerican Board of Preventative MedicineABPM
- "Abdominal crunch"-induced rhabdomyolysis presenting as right upper quadrant pain.
- Navy Asbestos Medical Surveillance Program, 1995-1999: demographic characteristics and smoking status.
- Navy and Marine Corps active duty mortality patterns for 1995 to 1999.
- Explosive outbreaks of gastroenteritis in the shipboard environment attributed to Norovirus.
- Effects of pediatric blood lead surveillance on Navy population health (1995-2001).
- Lyme disease reporting for Navy and Marine Corps (1997-2000).
- Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among military
- Performance evaluation impairment prior to HIV seropositive diagnosis: a preliminary Navy population-based study.
- Detailed analysis of DNBI (disease and non-battle injury) rates for ships within the US Fifth Fleet during 2000-2001.
- Comparing diagnostic coding and laboratory results.
- Hearing thresholds for U.S. Marines: comparison of aviation, combat arms, and other personnel.
- Navy physical readiness test scores and body mass index (Spring 2002 cycle).
- Disease nonbattle injury surveillance for commander, Joint Task Force Haiti, 2004.
- Needle-stick epidemiology in Navy health care workers based on INJTRAK reports (2001-2002).
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in military recruits.
- You're the flight surgeon: a retinal hole with operculum.
- U.S. Navy and Marine Corps conversion rates for tuberculosis skin testing (1999-2002), with literature review.
- Brief reactive psychosis in naval aviation.
- Tuberculin skin test (TST) conversion rates for the US Navy and Marine Corps.
- Tuberculosis skin test (TST) conversion rates for U.S. Navy and Marine Crops personnel for 1999 to 2002.
- Helicopter mishap attributed to single seizure.
- Navy medical board online tri-service tracking system (MEDBOLTT).
- RE: Cason EM. Air Force Hearing Conservation Program data 1998-2008: a cross-sectional analysis of positive threshold shifts. mil med 2012; 177(5): 589-93.
- From the Aerospace Medicine Residents' Teaching File. Case #36.
- Inpatient care for the aircraft carrier battle group.
- Tobacco use and smoking policy perceptions onboard an aircraft carrier.
- Putting out the smoking lamp.
- Aircraft carrier psychiatric diagnoses.
- Outbreaks of diarrheal disease: a ship is a ship.
- Doxycycline vs mefloquine.
- Emory University School Of Medicine
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) Program
Dr. Bruce Keith Bohnker MD's Practice location
Tampa, FL 33619Get Direction
Dr. Bruce Keith Bohnker MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bohnker
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Tips for Living with Stroke
A stroke is a severe condition that is brought about by insufficient blood supply to the brain. This can be as a result of a blood clot or a broken blood vessel. According to physicians, stroke can cause different effects. However, if you stick to the treatment options designed by your doctor, a...
- What Conditions Warrant Occupational Therapy?
In general, therapy refers to an attempt of diagnosing a health problem upon identification. Various forms of therapy have been created to address different health problems. Occupational therapy (OT) is among the newer forms of therapies which is very closely related to physical therapy (PT), but is...
- Alternative Treatments for Autism
Many parents of children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, prefer to consider alternative treatments to help improve overall health and behavioral problems.The effectiveness and safety of all alternative treatments has not been fully researched. Every treatment therefore will not work...
- What is Apraxia?
Apraxia is a neurological condition in which the affected person may not be able to perform a particular movement when they want to. This is true even when the movement is learned. In some cases, mild symptoms are seen and this condition is referred to as dyspraxia. There are different types of...
- Can Arthritis Cause Back Pain?
Yes. Arthritis is one of the major causes of back pain and can cause long-term effects in an individual. Back pain is a common problem which affects 4 out of 5 of us at some point. Back pain is a type of pain experienced mostly through the spine. Back pain can last for a short time, but there are...
- Dr. Maria B Mainolfi - palarata MD2 Columbia Dr Tampa FL 33606
- Dr. Steven Cameron Masley MD, CNS900 Carillon Pkwy Saint Petersburg FL 33716
- Dr. Steven R Parks M.D.3102 E 138th Ave Tampa FL 33613
- Dr. Rosemary M Szollas M.D.153 Brodhead Rd Bethlehem PA 18017
- Dr. Sayyed Tahir Hussain MD10335 Cross Creek Blvd Tampa FL 33647
- Dr. Jolan Csus Keller M.D.3800 Citigroup Center Tampa FL 33610