Dr. Richard Brodkin is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Brodkin specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Wake Forest U Baptist Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard A Brodkin MD's Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27103Get Direction
STATESVILLE, NC 28625Get Direction
Dr. Richard A Brodkin MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Potential Causes of Leukopenia
IntroductionA decrease in the number of white blood cells (WBCs) is referred to as leukopenia. There are several causes for leukopenia. It may be due to certain drugs, cancer, radiation and chemotherapy for cancer, stem cell transplant, surgery, steroids, or autoimmune disorders. The immune system...
- Bringing Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients and Their Doctors Together via Survey
While patients may entirely admire and respect their doctors, sometimes they simply do not agree with the course of action they are proposing. While this may not be a big deal for a visit about a cold or something minimal, it can be life-altering for those with chronic conditions. That is why a...
- Lymphoma: The Importance of a Support System & Communication
Regardless of what’s being said, communication is something that many people struggle with in their personal relationships. Communication requires self-awareness, listening skills, and the ability to empathize and convey thoughts and feelings accurately. When people are diagnosed with chronic...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Dr. Timothy S Collins MD1010 Bethesda Ct Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Andrew Matthew Farland M.D.Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Eugene Paschold MD1010 Bethesda Ct Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Timothy Pardee M.D., PH.D.1 Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Hugh J Wallace MD1010 Bethesda Ct Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Stefan Charles Grant M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249