Dr. Richard Rankin Babb M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA, 94301
Dr. Richard Babb is a gastroenterologist practicing in Palo Alto, CA. Dr. Babb specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Babb performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Stanford Univ Sch Of Med- Stanford Ca 1960
Stanford University School of Medicine 1960
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Does the patient with a positive fecal occult blood test, who at the same time is taking a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, require further evaluation to rule out a colorectal cancer?
- Proton pump inhibitors.
- Teriparatide or alendronate in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis.
- Mercy Hosp Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine; Boston Univ Med Ctr/Univ Hp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard Rankin Babb M.D.'s Practice location
Palo Alto, CA 94301Get Direction
Dr. Richard Rankin Babb M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Babb
- Aspiring Nurse Reveals New Research Regarding Celiac Disease
Gluten-free foods have jumped to the forefront of many people's minds. Stores have changed their shelves to accommodate gluten-free packaging. If gluten-free products suddenly disappear from their typical shelf they are likely all grouped together in one location. It has become a trend to avoid...
- Celiac Disease: Get Diagnosed
Most often people have extra intestinal symptoms, such as migraine, peripheral neuropathy, joint pains, seizures, short stature, pubertal delay, and infertility. These presentations are not commonly tested for celiac disease, therefore, majority remains undiagnosed. ...
- Minneapolis Reporter Inspired to Help Children with Crohn's Disease
TV reporter Sonya Goins was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in college and has had more surgeries than she can count. She lives with the pain of her autoimmune disorder every single day and yet is known to others as having a tireless mixture of gratitude and grit.Goins and Mark Baker worked together...
- Managing Crohn’s Disease
Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory disease which affects the gastrointestinal system, usually the last part of the small intestine and the colon. The inflammation can spread into all the layers of the tissue. It is a very painful and debilitating condition which affects the everyday life.Crohn’s...
- What Is Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is marked by a bulge in the groin or abdomen, which occurs when an organ protrudes through the muscle opening that keeps it in place. Hernias are a very common problem and can occur in men or women of all ages.For instance, in the case of an incisional hernia, the intestines may protrude...
- Can I Live with Liver Cancer?
You can still live a happy and healthy life even if you have liver cancer. Liver cancer is a very deadly disease, and sometimes, it becomes very hard to treat it, especially in its advanced stages. In such cases, you don’t have to worry at all. You can receive your treatment according to your...
- Richard Jay Kramer751 South Bascon Avenue San Jose California 95128
- Dr. Rasik Kansara M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Kenneth Taylor Roost MD1828 El Camino Real Burlingame CA 94010
- Dr. Brian Saul Levitt M.D.2340 Montpelier Dr San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. George Triadafilopoulos MD INC.2490 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040
- Dr. Jennifer Roost M.D.795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301