Dr. Mark Carlson is an internist practicing in Springfield, MO. Dr. Carlson specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Carlson provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1974
- Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, Internal Medicine Univ Of Ca Irvine Coll Med, Occupational Medicine Alameda Co Med Ctr, Family Practice
Dr. Mark Luther Carlson M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, MO 65802Get Direction
Dr. Mark Luther Carlson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carlson
- Yawning Scientific Facts: Why Do We Yawn and Is It Contagious?
What is yawning?Usually, yawning is associated with boredom, fatigue, and tiredness. Yawning is also very common in animals, such as dogs, monkeys, snakes, and carnivores. Yawning is also associated with numerous superstitious beliefs.In humans, yawning is considered as a purposeful non-verbal...
- Black Stool: What Does It Mean?
What does a black stool indicate?A black or dark red-colored stool is called tarry or bloody stools. However, passing dark-colored stools is not always caused by serious problems. One of the most common causes of black stools is the consumption of iron supplements, particularly in people who have...
- Does Regular Exercise Affect Life Expectancy?
A recent study published in, The Lancet, shows that daily light exercise of 15 minutes per day can increase the life expectancy by three years and lower the risk of death by 14%. This is especially true in the case of people who are inactive. In this study, the researchers compared inactive people...
- What to Eat When You're Sick
When you are diagnosed with a chronic illness, or a temporary illness, you should eat properly and maintain a healthy diet. Difficulty in swallowing, nausea, bloating, lack of appetite, and many more symptoms add to the difficulties when you are sick. Eating the right type of food is very important,...
- Can Low Levels of Testosterone be the Cause of Your Health Conditions?
New studies have depicted the link between low levels of testosterone and other health conditions, in men, and how hormone levels are related to the overall health of the individual. Results of the study show that a deficiency in testosterone is linked to several conditions, like obesity, metabolic...
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- Dr. Steven K Bowlin M.D.2115 S Fremont Ave Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Norman P Knowlton M.D.3800 S National Ave Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. Martin J Schudy MD1001 E Primrose St Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. Susan Diane Heasley DO1010 N Kansas St Wichita KS 67214
- Dr. Thomas W. Rossiter MD3231 S National Ave Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. Rajamanikkam Anandarajah MD1965 S Fremont Ave Springfield MO 65804