Dr. Philip G. Rhodes M.D.
Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Specialist | Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA, 70605
Dr. Philip Rhodes is a Neonatal-Perinatal Physician practicing in Lake Charles, LA. Dr. Rhodes cares for the critically ill newborn and premature infants. Neonatal-Perinatal Physicians treat conditions such as breathing disorders, birth defects, infections, and any other life-threatening medical problems. They coordinate with their young patients families and other physicians to determine appropriate treatment.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1970
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Neuroprotective effects of N-acetylaspartylglutamate in a neonatal rat model of hypoxia-ischemia.
- Disturbance of oligodendrocyte development, hypomyelination and white matter injury in the neonatal rat brain after intracerebral injection of lipopolysaccharide.
- Differential roles of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1 beta in lipopolysaccharide-induced brain injury in the neonatal rat.
- alpha-Phenyl-n-tert-butyl-nitrone attenuates hypoxic-ischemic white matter injury in the neonatal rat brain.
- Brain injury induced by intracerebral injection of interleukin-1beta and tumor
- Effect of tumor necrosis factor-alpha on developing optic nerve oligodendrocytes in culture.
- Apoptosis and necrosis in developing cerebellum and brainstem induced after focal cerebral hypoxic-ischemic injury.
- Suppression of glial activation is involved in the protection of IL-10 on maternal E. coli induced neonatal white matter injury.
- Minocycline reduces lipopolysaccharide-induced neurological dysfunction and brain injury in the neonatal rat.
- Hypoxia-ischemia induced neurological dysfunction and brain injury in the neonatal rat.
- IGF-1 protects oligodendrocyte progenitor cells and improves neurological functions following cerebral hypoxia-ischemia in the neonatal rat.
- Minocycline attenuates hypoxia-ischemia-induced neurological dysfunction and brain injury in the juvenile rat.
- Neuroprotection of alpha-phenyl-n-tert-butyl-nitrone on the neonatal white matter is associated with anti-inflammation.
- Down-regulation of phospholipase D2 mRNA in neonatal rat brainstem and cerebellum after hypoxia-ischemia.
- Grape seed extract given three hours after injury suppresses lipid peroxidation and reduces hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal rats.
- Children'S Mercy Hosp, Pediatrics
Dr. Philip G. Rhodes M.D.'s Practice location
Lake Charles, LA 70605Get Direction
JACKSON, MS 39216Get Direction
Dr. Philip G. Rhodes M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rhodes
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Cataracts?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is a condition known as cataracts. In patients with cataracts, proteins that are contained in the lens begin to break down, making the lens cloudy with an increase in age. Because cataracts develop very slowly, vision may not be affected right away and...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Mrs. Maryanne Kosek M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Nancy Collazo M.D.4517 Shelly Ln Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Vanaja Nandini Alexander M.D.20 York St New Haven CT 06510
- Dr. Chih hao Lin M.D.4200 Nelson Rd Lake Charles LA 70605
- Dr. Juan Manual Bossano MD2903 1st Ave Lake Charles LA 70601
- Mr. Abhay J. Bhatt M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605