Mrs. Heather Ann Disciorio M.S. CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist1611 HEMPSTEAD CT JOPPA MD, 21085
Dr. Heather Disciorio is a speech language pathologist practicing in JOPPA, MD. Dr. Disciorio specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Disciorio evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Disciorio helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Heather Ann Disciorio M.S. CCC-SLP's Practice location
JOPPA, MD 21085Get Direction
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Amy Bland2339 Rock Spring Road Forest Hill MD - Maryland 21050
- Ms. Patricia Lynn Banick MA., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Demetria Petros Padussis MS, CCC-SLP707 N BROADWAY BALTIMORE MD 21205
- Amanda Leigh Tinney M.S.,CCC-SLP1826 BYRD ST BALTIMORE MD 21230
- Mrs. Karen Denise Hojnacki MS., CCC-SLP2225 OLD EMMORTON ROAD BEL AIR MD 21015
- Karen Day M.S., CCC-SLPTOWSON UNIVERSITY SPEECH LANGUAGE HEARING CTR TOWSON MD 21252