Dr. Melissa J Beard MD
Pediatrician8781 N Platte Purchase Drive Kansas City MO, 64155
Dr. Melissa Beard is a pediatrician practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Beard is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Beard diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Beard can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
University of Wales in Great Britain 1986
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Ear Infection
- Contact Dermatitis
- Strep Throat
- Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics 1989
- Children's Mercy Hospital Program
Dr. Melissa J Beard MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64155Get Direction
Dr. Melissa J Beard MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Beard
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Autism: Why Does Oxytocin Treatment Help Only Some Children?
For parents, treating their children is the most important task possible. However, it can often be immensely confusing when certain treatments and medications are saviors for some children while hardly affecting others. Oxytocin is one of these treatments that has seen a wide range of responses...
- Dr. Sergey Shushunov MDDivision Of Pediatric Critical Care Kansas City KS 66160
- Dr. Duha Al-zubeidi MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Stephanie Renee Bays DO2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Molly Katherine Krager M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Tamara Lee Peterson D.O.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Tarah Kruger M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108