Dr. Ala'a Farahat is a nephrologist practicing in Tampa, FL. Dr. Farahat specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Farahat most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
Dr. Ala'a Farahat M.D.'s Practice location
Tampa, FL 33609Get Direction
Fort Dodge, IA 50501Get Direction
Dr. Ala'a Farahat M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Vertigo: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Vertigo is a fairly common condition that causes an individual to feel as if their head is spinning and he or she becomes dizzy. It is usually temporary, only for a few seconds to minutes, occurring only when you make sudden head movements, but sometimes it can be so severe that it begins to...
- Will My Kidney Stones Result in Future Kidney Problems?
A kidney stone is a condition that occurs when the minerals and salts present in the urine become concentrated in high levels and eventually tend to crystallize. These crystallized formations can be seen as stones, and they often stick together. Kidney stones mostly form in the kidney. They start as...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- Dr. Margaret Patricia Rose M.D.3401 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19140
- Dr. Nehal Subhash Dassani MD601 7th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Vidya Sagar M.D.2196 Main St Dunedin FL 34698
- Dr. Alan Richard Lustig MD1201 5th Ave N Saint Petersburg FL 33705
- Dr. Mrinalini Emma Matcha M.D.1700 66th Street North Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Dr. Michael Brucculeri M.D.14134 Nephron Ln Hudson FL 34667