Dr. William Smythe is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in Lewisville, TX. Dr. Smythe specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Smythe typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Tx A & M Univ Coll Of Med- College Station Tx 1989
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine 1989
- Mineral metabolism in uremia.
- Outpatient management of malignant pleural effusion by a chronic indwelling pleural catheter.
- Benjamin Rush's death.
- Prodrug/drug sensitivity gene therapy: current status.
- Treatment of stage I and II non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Significant augmentation of pro-apoptotic gene therapy by pharmacologic bcl-xl down-regulation in mesothelioma.
- Trace element analysis of tissue and resin from the egyptian mummy Pum-II.
- Histone deacetylase inhibitor downregulation of bcl-xl gene expression leads to apoptotic cell death in mesothelioma.
- Gene therapy for thoracic disease: practice, promise, and pragmatism.
- Phosphatase and tensin analog gene overexpression engenders cellular death in human malignant mesothelioma cells via inhibition of AKT phosphorylation.
- Current therapy for malignant mesothelioma.
- Antisense therapy for malignant mesothelioma with oligonucleotides targeting the bcl-xl gene product.
- Treatment of stage I non-small cell lung carcinoma.
- The American surgical spirit.
- Adenoviral transfer of mda-7 leads to BAX up-regulation and apoptosis in mesothelioma cells, and is abrogated by over-expression of BCL-XL.
- The first American textbook of surgery.
- Primary lymphoepithelioma of the esophagus.
- Gene therapy of lung cancer.
- Suramin inhibits the growth of malignant mesothelioma in vitro, and in vivo, in murine flank and intraperitoneal models.
- Protected time.
- The potential role of aprotinin in the perioperative management of malignant tumors.
- Prospective randomized study evaluating a biodegradable polymeric sealant for sealing intraoperative air leaks that occur during pulmonary resection.
- Antisense oligonucleotides directed at the bcl-xl gene product augment chemotherapy response in mesothelioma.
- Jejunostomy and aspiration pneumonia.
- The role of Bcl-2 family members in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Bcl-XL small interfering RNA suppresses the proliferation of 5-fluorouracil-resistant human colon cancer cells.
- Enhancing TRAIL-induced apoptosis by Bcl-X(L) siRNA.
- Receptor tyrosine kinase and phosphoinositide-3 kinase signaling in malignant mesothelioma.
- Extended surgical staging for potentially resectable malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Radiotherapy for mesothelioma.
- Bcl2/bcl-xL inhibitor engenders apoptosis and increases chemosensitivity in mesothelioma.
- Malignant mesothelioma: natural history, pathologic features and future therapies.
- Use of aprotinin in extrapleural pneumonectomy: effect on hemostasis and incidence of complications.
- Outcomes after extrapleural pneumonectomy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma.
- Angiopoietin-1 inhibits intrinsic apoptotic signaling and vascular hyperpermeability following hemorrhagic shock.
- Bcl-xL antisense oligonucleotide and cisplatin combination therapy extends survival in SCID mice with established mesothelioma xenografts.
- Bring out your dead?
- A possible association between aprotinin and improved survival after radical surgery for mesothelioma.
- Up-regulation of Bcl-xl by hepatocyte growth factor in human mesothelioma cells involves ETS transcription factors.
- 17beta-estradiol mediated protection against vascular leak after hemorrhagic shock: role of estrogen receptors and apoptotic signaling.
- Cyclosporine A--protection against microvascular hyperpermeability is calcineurin independent.
- On being a doctor. Mattie's visit.
- Characterization of bortezomib-adapted I-45 mesothelioma cells.
- The future of academic surgery.
- Chondrosarcoma of the thorax.
- Relaxation of the rigid backbone of an oligoamide-foldamer-based α-helix mimetic: identification of potent Bcl-xL inhibitors.
- Molecular pathogenesis of malignant mesothelioma.
- The downregulation of Mcl-1 via USP9X inhibition sensitizes solid tumors to Bcl-xl inhibition.
- Are commercial negative pressure systems worth the cost in open abdomen management?
- Implementation of a surgical safety checklist: impact on surgical team perspectives.
- Can laparoscopic cholecystectomy be performed with a positive margin at medicaid
- Propranolol and hemorrhage from esophageal varices.
- Muscle and serum trace element profile in uremia.
- Presence and formation of cobalamin analogues in multivitamin-mineral pills.
- Uremic hyperstannum: elevated tissue tin levels associated with uremia.
- Uremic hyperstannum: elevated tissue tin levels associated with uremia.
- Elemental analysis in murine central nervous system: elevation of rubidium subsequent to Newcastle disease virus encephalopathy.
- Rapid progression of oxalosis-induced cardiomyopathy despite adequate haemodialysis.
- Trace element abnormalities in chronic uremia.
- Thoracoscopic removal of mediastinal parathyroid adenoma.
- Tetracycline pleurodesis--associated acute renal failure.
- Upper abdominal aortic injury during spinal surgery.
- Resection of a pulmonary malignancy invading the intrapericardial inferior vena cava.
- Delayed Horner's syndrome as a complication of continuous thoracic epidural analgesia.
- Severe acute extrinsic airway compression by mediastinal tumor successfully managed with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
- Mediastinoscopic subtotal removal of mediastinal cysts.
- Diffuse airway narrowing from carcinoma metastatic to the bronchial submucosa: identification by chest CT.
- Texas Super Doctors 2009
- Univ Of Pa Hlth System, General Surgery
Dr. William Roy Smythe M.D.'s Practice location
Lewisville, TX 75057Get Direction
Temple, TX 76508Get Direction
Dr. William Roy Smythe M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smythe
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Dr. William Edward Wallace DO6957 West Plano Pkwy Plano Texas 75093
- Dr. Scott Ira Reznik M.D.328 W Main Lewisville TX 75057
- Dr. Michael A Wait MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Gregory Norman Messner D.O.17950 Preston Rd Dallas TX 75252
- Dr. Mitchell J. Magee M.D.7777 Forest Ln Dallas TX 75230
- Dr. Shankar M Sundaram MD2520 Cherry Ave Bremerton WA 98310