Dr. Alana Beres practices Pediatric Surgery in Springfield, MA. Dr. Beres treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Beresdiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Stability prior to surgery in Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia: is it necessary?
- An institutional analysis and systematic review with meta-analysis of pneumatic versus hydrostatic reduction for pediatric intussusception.
- Comparative outcome analysis of the management of pediatric intussusception with or without surgical admission.
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of patients with right congenital diaphragmatic hernia: A population-based study.
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of gastrostomy insertion techniques in children.
- Do X-rays after chest tube removal change patient management?
- Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Alana Lysa Beres MD's Practice location
Springfield, MA 01199Get Direction
DALLAS, TX 75390Get Direction
Dr. Alana Lysa Beres MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Dr. Michael E Ganey M.D.Baystate Medical Ctr Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. David B Tashjian M.D.Pediatric Surgical Services Springfield MA 01103
- Dr. Connie Jean Rossini M.D.759 Chestnut St Springfield MA 01199
- Dr. Rebecca Brocks MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Michael V Tirabassi MD600 Highland Ave Madison WI 53792
- Dr. Gregory T Banever MDUniversity Of Colorado School Of Medicine Denver CO 80262