Dr. Earl Gloeckner is an ophthalmologist practicing in Moline, IL. Dr. Gloeckner specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Gloeckner can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Gloeckner can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1976
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1976
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine 1976
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Ophthalmology; Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University Of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Earl G Gloeckner M.D.'s Practice location
Moline, IL 61265Get Direction
Dr. Earl G Gloeckner M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Eye Herpes?
What is eye herpes?Eye herpes, or ocular herpes, is a recurrent viral infection that affects the eyes. It is caused by herpes simplex virus type 1. It causes an inflammation of the eye, as well as scarring in the cornea.Eye herpes can be transmitted from one person to another when there is a close...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- How to Improve Eyesight: Best Natural Ways to Enhance Vision
Just like our body, our eyes also need a lot of care and timely attention. Maintaining the health of our eyes and improving the vision should never be neglected due to the changing lifestyle.What is a Normal Human Vision?Normal vision is defined as 20/20. The term 20/20 is also called as visual...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- Dr. Lisa Brothers Arbisser M.D.777 Tanglefoot Ln Bettendorf IA 52722
- Dr. Michael Joseph Howcroft MD777 Tanglefoot Ln Bettendorf IA 52722
- Dr. Peter D Fries MD777 Tanglefoot Ln Bettendorf IA 52722
- Dr. Amir Israel Arbisser MD777 Tanglefoot Ln Bettendorf IA 52722
- Mr. Chiradej Napawan M.D.855 Illini Dr Silvis IL 61282
- Dr. Navaneet S Chailerborisuth MD, PHD4600 30th St Rock Island IL 61201