Dr. Richard Parker Billingham MD
Proctologist1101 Madison St Suite 500 Seattle WA, 98104
Dr. Richard Billingham is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Billingham specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Billingham often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Univ of Rochester Sch of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 1971
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- Rectal injury caused by a personal watercraft accident: report of a case.
- Duodenal Crohn's disease.
- Use of a critical pathway for colon resections.
- Serendipity, humility, and Dumbo's feather.
- Prevalence and management of prolapse of the ileoanal pouch.
- Conservative treatment of rectal cancer. Extending the indications.
- Postoperative pathophysiology and choice of incision.
- Care after colonic operation--is it evidence-based? Results from a multinational survey in Europe and the United States.
- Is lateral internal sphincterotomy the best treatment option for patients with anal fissure?
- Pruritus ani: etiology and management.
- Prophylaxis and management of wound infections after elective colorectal surgery: a survey of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons membership.
- Effect of conflict of interest on publication of collective review.
- Treatment of levator syndrome using high-voltage electrogalvanic stimulation.
- The role of preoperative colonoscopy in colorectal cancer.
- Actinomycosis in acute leukemia.
- Surgical treatment of constipation.
- Laser versus electrical cautery in the treatment of condylomata acuminata of the anus.
- Extended lymphadenectomy for rectal cancer: cure vs quality of life.
- The conundrum of lower gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Anorectal miscellany: pilonidal disease, anal cancer, Bowen's and Paget's diseases, foreign bodies, and hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Ferguson Hosp, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Virginia Mason Med Ctr, General Surgery; Swedish Med Ctr, General Surgery; Hartford Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Richard Parker Billingham MD's Practice location
Dr. Richard Parker Billingham MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Billingham
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- What Are the Treatments for Anal Fissure and Which Specialist Should I Consult?
Anal fissure is an impairment of the wall of the anus. It usually does not come with a lot of medical complications. Nonetheless, it should be treated with urgency, since it can make life very uncomfortable for you. Anal Fissure SymptomsAnal fissure comes with a number of symptoms. Since some of...
- Reasons Why You Need a Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy is a procedure that evokes mixed reactions amongst most adults. Most people don't look forward to the preparation for a colonoscopy, much less the procedure itself. But improvements in the procedure in recent years have led to most people not having a terrible experience. It is of...
- Dr. Daniel Paul Froese MD1221 Madison St Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Oliver Robert Biggers MD1370 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Mitra Ehsan MD1135 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Tal R Raphaeli MD1125 Cypress Station Dr Houston TX 77090
- Dr. Steven J Medwell MD1145 Broadway Seattle WA 98122
- Dr. Jennifer Kim Lee M.D.11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland OH 44106