Dr. Steven Isaacs is a rheumatologist practicing in Hartford, CT. Dr. Isaacs specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Isaacs treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
Mechanical Engineering 1973
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Rheumatology; Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- CEME/Mount Sinai Medical Center Program
Dr. Steven E Isaacs M.D.'s Practice location
Hartford, CT 06105Get Direction
Dr. Steven E Isaacs M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Different Lupus Rash Treatments and How to Prevent Flare-ups
One of the many symptoms people with lupus face is the rashes on their faces and skin. While there are individuals with lupus who don't have any rashes or marks on their skin, a butterfly rash on the face and red lesions on the head and body are common symptoms. These rashes may feel uncomfortable...
- Lupus Complications
Do you want to know the severe effects of lupus? Lupus causes inflammation such as redness, swelling, pain, and difficult movements. The inflammation spreads to many parts of the body when lupus increases its severity. It is a chronic disease where the immune system of the body attacks its own...
- High Frequency of Hospital Visits Could Indicate Lupus
Recent studies have suggested another indicator that might help to identify an underlying lupus diagnosis. The study called “High Health Care Utilization Preceding Diagnosis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Youth,” which is published in the journal Arthritis Care & Research, states that,...
- Arthritis: What is Arthrocentesis?
What is arthritis?Arthritis is the medical terminology for inflammation of the joints. There are many kinds of arthritis, like osteoarthritis which takes place with age (with increasing age, the bone cells start to degenerate on its own), septic arthritis (when bacterial or viral infection affects...
- Fibromyalgia: The Mysterious Chronic Pain
A loving husband wants nothing less than to make his wife, Christine Lynch, happy. To show this, he provides for her needs, compliments her, makes her feel loved and occasionally pampers her, especially if she is suffering from any form of discomfort. Christine Lynch’s partner in life is one best...
- Sobering Fact: Fibromyalgia Is Associated with an Increased Rate of Suicide
Although it is an important issue that affects many families around the world, suicide is not exactly typical dinner table chatter. Chronic diseases may not be the main reason for suicidal tendencies to show up among patients, however, they are still a modifier that should be taken into account,...
- Dr. Sharon Michelle Dowell MBBS2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington DC 20060
- Dr. Aryeh M. Abeles M.D.816 Broad St Meriden CT 06450
- Dr. Barbara Kage MD361 Main St Manchester CT 06040
- Dr. Thomas Terenzi DO1000 Asylum Ave Hartford CT 06105
- Dr. Crispin Reynaldo Abarientos M.D.28 Crescent St Middletown CT 06457
- Dr. Ralph Peter Stocker M.D.85 Seymour St Hartford CT 06106