Dr. Craig Sopko is an anesthesiologist practicing in Lake Forest, IL. Dr. Sopko ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Sopko also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1984
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1984
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Northwestern Mem Hosp, Anesthesiology
- Northwestern Mem Hospital
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University 1987
- Abbott-Northwestern Hospital Program
Dr. Craig Sopko MD's Practice location
Lake Forest, IL 60045Get Direction
Dr. Craig Sopko MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Autism, Hip-Hop, and a New Musical
A new musical by the name of "Wonderland" seeks to explore autism via rap and spoken word.WINGS"Wonderland" is a WINGS production. WINGS is nationally recognized as one of the leading performing arts programs for children, and is located at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Their goal is to inspire...
- What is Lupus?
Lupus is an inflammatory chronic disease that develops when the body immune system attacks and damages its own organs and tissues. Inflammation as a result of lupus can damage different body systems such as the blood cells, brain, joints, skin, lungs, heart and kidneys.The normal and main function...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Bernard Wittels M.D., PH.D.355 Ridge Avenue Evanston IL 60202
- Dr. Krishna C Chunduri M.D.7435 W Talcott Ave Chicago IL 60631
- Dr. Kiran K. Chekka M.D.1365 Wiley Road Schaumburg Illinois 60173
- Dr. Arpan J. Patel M.D.3800 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515
- Dr. Mohammad Ahsan MD880 W Central Rd Arlington Heights IL 60005
- Dr. Elaine E. Olson MD1020 North Milwaukee Avenue Deerfield Illinois 60015