Dr. Gerald R Schell M.D.
Neurosurgeon4677 Towne Centre Rd Suite 301 Saginaw MI, 48604
Dr. Gerald Schell practices Neurological Surgery in Saginaw, MI. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Schell prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
MI STATE UNIV COLL HUMAN MED 1980
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine 1981
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Birth Defects
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Neurological Surgery; Mc Laren Reg Med Ctr, General Surgery
- S U N Y Upstate Medical University Hospital
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Gerald R Schell M.D.'s Practice location
Saginaw, MI 48604Get Direction
SAGINAW, MI 48603Get Direction
Dr. Gerald R Schell M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schell
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- The History of Lobotomy
Lobotomy is now considered an inhumane and obsolete procedure that no one would ever want to be subjected to. However, at the time of its advent, it was not the primitive and brutal surgery we view it as today. In a time where medications to treat psychological and emotional conditions were...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Dr. Srinivasachari Tatadesika Chakravarthi MD601 Mulholland St Bay City MI 48708
- Dr. Sivasupiramaniam Sriharan MD601 Mulholland St Bay City MI 48708
- Dr. E Malcolm Field M.D.4677 Towne Centre Rd Saginaw MI 48604
- Dr. Joseph Ghassan Adel M.D.4677 TOWNE CENTRE RD SAGINAW MI 48604
- Dr. Mark Charles Lester M.D.800 S Washington Ave Saginaw MI 48601
- Dr. Frank Schinco M.D800 Cooper Ave Saginaw MI 48602