Mr. Clarence William Applegate MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology1609 Physicians Dr Tallahassee FL, 32308
Dr. Clarence Applegate is a nephrologist practicing in Tallahassee, FL. Dr. Applegate specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Applegate most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Nephrology; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Mr. Clarence William Applegate MD's Practice location
Mr. Clarence William Applegate MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Applegate
- What are the Early Signs of Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (also known as lupus) is a condition that usually affects women. It occurs as a result of antibodies or lymphocytes generated against substances that exist in the body. Approximately one out of 2,100 people has the condition.Women are five times more vulnerable to...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Is There an Early Diagnosis Possible in Hyperkalemia?
The human body is made up of certain minerals, each of which has a role to play to ensure a smooth function of the body. The body is considered healthy and working to its best ability when the prescribed balance of these minerals is maintained. When these minerals are lower or higher than the...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Dr. Hari K. Kolli M.B.B.S. (M.D.)1609 Physicians Drive Tallahassee FL 32308
- Dr. Sayeed Khalillullah M.D4800 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Mr. Harold Avon Doll MD1609 Physicians Dr Tallahassee FL 32308
- Dr. John Craig Peterson MD1609 Physicians Dr Tallahassee FL 32308
- Dr. Hiren Jagdish Joshi MD777 Hemlock St Macon GA 31201
- Ms. Cynthia Lou Gaboury MD1609 Physicians Dr Tallahassee FL 32308