Dr. John Cahoy is a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Cahoy specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system in children. As a pediatric orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Cahoy tends to childrens bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Pediatric orthopaedic surgeons can treat newborns to teenagers. Some conditions Dr. Cahoy treats include gait abnormalities like limping, limp and spine deformities, broken bones and bone and joint infections.
- Growth inhibitors promote differentiation of insulin-producing tissue from embryonic stem cells.
- A transcriptome database for astrocytes, neurons, and oligodendrocytes: a new resource for understanding brain development and function.
- The mouse blood-brain barrier transcriptome: a new resource for understanding the development and function of brain endothelial cells.
- Development of a method for the purification and culture of rodent astrocytes.
Dr. John David Cahoy M.D./PH.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21287Get Direction
CONCORD, MA 01742Get Direction
Dr. John David Cahoy M.D./PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Muscular Dystrophy in Children
Muscular dystrophy or MD is a genetic disorder that stops the body from producing enough proteins to develop the muscles and keep them healthy. This fault in the genetic structure slowly weakens the body as the person ages. It is really heartbreaking to hear a parent say, “My child has muscular...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...