Dr. William Polito is a vascular surgeon practicing in Elgin, IL. Dr. Polito specializes in disorders relating to the cardiothoracic and vascular systems, including coronary artery diseases, heart valve disease, aneurysm disease, lung disease and cancer. This also includes thoracic aortic disease and aneurysms. In addition he cares for the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgeon, Dr. Polito diagnoses and treats cardiac, thoracic, and vascular diseases and performs vasular, cardiac and thoracic surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues. Cardiac surgery includes coronary bypass surgery, valve repair or replacement, treatment of aneurysms, and atrial fibrillation
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia MD 1994
Arizona Health Sciences Center General Surgery 2004
Texas Heart Institute/MD Anderson Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery 2006
Georgia Regents University Medical
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1994
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Dr. William Fred Polito M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Aorta Surgery, Atrial Fibrillation, Endovascular Surgery And More
- Heart Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Heart Institute 2004
- University of Arizona Affiliated Hospitals 2004
- University Medical Center, Tucson
- University of Arizona College of Medicine Program
- Texas Heart Institute, Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery 2006
- Sherman Hospital ( Elgin, IL )
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center ( Elk Grove Village, IL )
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital ( Barrington, IL )
- Advocate Christ Medical Center ( Oak Lawn, IL )
- Advocate Condell Medical Center ( Libertyville, IL )
Dr. William Fred Polito M.D.'s Practice location
Elgin, IL 60123Get Direction
ELGIN, IL 60123Get Direction
Chicago, IL 60631Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. William Fred Polito M.D. | Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. William Fred Polito M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Polito
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Dr. Juan Jose Bonilla MD1325 N Highland Ave Aurora IL 60506
- Dr. Joong H Choh MD1435 N Randall Rd Elgin IL 60123
- Dr. Cynthia N Steimle M.D.1435 N Randall Rd Elgin IL 60123
- Dr. Timothy James M.D.25 N Winfield Road Winfield IL 60190
- Dr. Thomas J Hinkamp MD810 Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village IL 60007
- Dr. Aladin M Mariano M.D.33 W Higgins Rd Barrington IL 60010