Dr. Jean Marie brown Ly M.D.
Allergist and Immunologist3570 S TUTTLE AVE SARASOTA FL, 34239
Dr. Jean Ly practices Allergy and Immunology care in SARASOTA, FL. Dr. Ly specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of asthma and other allergic diseases. She has found a true passion for taking care of patients with food allergies, asthma, allergic rhinitis, hives, eczema, recurrent infections, and eosinophilic esophagitis. She loves helping families navigate through food allergies and seeing whether they are candidates for food challenges or food oral immunotherapy. She has a particular focus on infant and toddler food oral immunotherapy and stopping food allergies early.
Education and Training
University of South Florida MD 2008
The Florida State University Bachelor of Science 2004
The Ohio State University Pediatric Residency 2011
University of South Florida Allergy and Immunology Fellowship 2013
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
American Board of Pediatrics
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Faculty Florida State University College of Medicine 2015 - 2019
- Associate Faculty University of South Florida Allergy and Immunology Division 2013 - 2019
- Florida Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Society
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Florida Medical Association
- Doctors Hospital of Sarasota ( Sarasota, FL )
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital ( Sarasota, FL )
- All Children's Hospital ( Saint Petersburg, FL )
Dr. Jean Marie brown Ly M.D.'s Practice location
SARASOTA, FL 34239Get Direction
Columbus, OH 43205Get Direction
Dr. Jean Marie brown Ly M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ly
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- Are Food Allergies and Birth Months Linked?
Finnish researchers reported that food allergies in children are linked to the season they were born in. In a study conducted on 6,000 children born between 2001 and 2006, about 1,000 were tested for sensitization for food allergens until they reached4-years-old.Results of the study, published in...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- All About Wasp Stings
IntroductionA wasp is an insect that belongs to the order of Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita. Wasps can be identified from bees and ants through their physical and behavioral characteristics. They have a slimmer and smooth body with few hairs. Wasps are also parasitic and predatory in nature....
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Is Asthma Allergy-Induced?
The allergens which cause sneezing and watery eyes in many people, are the ones responsible for asthma attacks in few others. It can be stated without the shred of a doubt that allergies trigger the most commonly suffered chronic conditions in the United States. The connection between allergies and...
- Dr. Donna M Jamieson M.D.2650 Bahia Vista St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Hugh H Windom M.D.3570 S Tuttle Ave Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Frederick L Bloom M.D.2650 Bahia Vista St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. Michele Henson MD2068 Hawthorne St Sarasota FL 34239
- Dr. John Paul Cella M.D.5701 21st Ave W Bradenton FL 34209
- Dr. Roger Noland Danziger M.D.5404 Cortez Rd W Bradenton FL 34210