Dr. Barry Myones practices Pediatric Rheumatology in SUGAR LAND, TX. Pediatric rheumatologists treat child patients who suffer from pain in the musculoskeletal system, have symptoms of arthritis, or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Myones evaluates and treats a variety of joint, muscle, and bone disorders; including autoimmune disorders, such as lupus, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, Kawasaki disease, post-infectious arthritis, chronic vasculitis, and inflammatory disorders of the muscle, eye, or other organs. Dr. Myones also is trained in the evaluation of prolonged fever, unexplained complaints of chronic musculoskeletal pain, weakness, poor appetite, fatigue, and/or loss of function or skills.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1977
- Enhancement of protein S anticoagulant function by beta2-glycoprotein I, a major target antigen of antiphospholipid antibodies: beta2-glycoprotein I interferes with binding of protein S to its plasma inhibitor, C4b-binding protein.
- The antiphospholipid syndrome: immunologic and clinical aspects. Clinical spectrum and treatment.
- The molecular basis of complete complement C4A and C4B deficiencies in a systemic lupus erythematosus patient with homozygous C4A and C4B mutant genes.
- Structural requirements for C3d,g/Epstein-Barr virus receptor (CR2/CD21) ligand binding, internalization, and viral infection.
- The role of autoantibodies in pediatric neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosus.
- A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of infliximab plus methotrexate for the treatment of polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Neurocognitive deficits and neuroimaging abnormalities are prevalent in children with lupus: clinical and research experiences at a US pediatric institution.
- Update on antiphospholipid syndrome in children.
- Thrombotic microangiopathic hemolytic anemia with reduction of ADAMTS13 activity: initial manifestation of childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Variability in delivery of care and echocardiogram surveillance of Kawasaki disease.
- Structural and functional analysis of CR2/EBV receptor by means of monoclonal antibodies and limited tryptic digestion.
- Cell cycle control of a Burkitt lymphoma cell line: responsiveness to growth signals engaging the C3D/EBV receptor.
- Importance of an 85 kDa membrane glycoprotein for a variety of cell-cell interactions.
- C3bi-binding protein on Candida albicans: temperature-dependent expression and relationship to human complement receptor type 3.
- Cell surface proteins reacting with activated complement components.
- Duke University Hospital Program
Dr. Barry L. Myones MD's Practice location
SUGAR LAND, TX 77478Get Direction
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barry L. Myones MD | Rheumatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Rheumatology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barry L. Myones MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 14 Warning Signs of Lupus
When the body attacks its own cells and organs including the skin, joints, kidneys, heart, lungs, blood, and brain, the condition is called lupus. It is an autoimmune disease brought about because the body can’t distinguish between healthy cells and foreign germs or viruses. It is a chronic...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Lupus?
It is very hard to diagnose lupus. Since two individuals can have different signs of lupus, doctors have a hard time diagnosing it and treating it effectively. To diagnose lupus, it can take a long time, which can be distracting to both the doctor and the affected person. The symptoms of lupus can...
- Adalia Rose
OverviewAdalia Rose is an American internet star. She was born with Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome, which is a premature aging disease. This genetic condition is also commonly known as progeria. During her early infancy stage, her body was much older than the normal age. In spite of her...
- According To New Research The Juvenile Arthritis Diagnosis Is Improving
Arthritis has been at the center of countless medical research in recent years, mainly due to the pain and limitations it places on its sufferers. Arthritis is also often thought to be a condition regulated to the elderly and older adults, but this is not always the case. Many children and young...
- The Reality Behind Juvenile-Onset Fibromyalgia
Over time, more and more health conditions have been discovered, which has ultimately led to a more informed healthcare system. These breakthroughs have been thanks to a neverending goal of creating more efficient treatment options, which is being done as technology improves and becomes more...
- Steroids for Muscular Dystrophy: Prednisone
Steroids are touted as powerful drugs that help in improving muscle strength as well as delaying some types of muscular dystrophy. Of these, prednisone is said to be the most powerful and widely used to treat Muscular Dystrophy. Prednisone is a known anti-inflammatory agent. The potent compound,...
- Dr. Marietta De guzman MD6701 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Saimun Singla D.O.6701 FANNIN ST HOUSTON TX 77030
- Dr. Melissa Catherine Mizesko M.D.1102 Bates Ave # Fc330 Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Ivan Chinn M.D.6701 FANNIN ST HOUSTON TX 77030
- Dr. Eyal Muscal MD1504 Taub Loop Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Ankur A Kamdar M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030