Dr. Peter J Campbell MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism1450 Dowell Springs Blvd Suite 300 Knoxville TN, 37909
Dr. Peter Campbell practices Endocrinology in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Campbell specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Campbell examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Univ of London, The Middlesex Hosp Med Sch 1977
King George's Medical University 1978
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Graves' Disease
Dr. Peter J Campbell MD's Practice location
Dr. Peter J Campbell MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Campbell
- How the Smart Insulin Patch is a Breakthrough for Insulin Delivery
Diabetes is a disease that affects an estimated one million people or more in the United states alone. It’s a disease that’s characterized by the body’s inability to make, process or use insulin sufficiently. Diabetes can affect just about anyone but there are risk factors that make some more...
- Hyperthyroidism, Graves' Disease, and Pregnancy
Thyroid problems are more common among women and are especially prevalent during pregnancy as an intercurrent disease. Despite being common during pregnancy, it can be fairly serious to the health of both the mother and the fetus.How do thyroid problems affect pregnancy?There is always an increased...
- Do I Need to Change My Lifestyle Habits if I Have Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism is a disease that affects the metabolic rate and energy levels of the body. It is characterized by a defect in the thyroid gland that reduces the production of thyroid hormones, the hormones responsible for regulating the metabolism of the body. Hypothyroidism is characterized by...
- The Impact Marijuana Can Have on Type 2 Diabetes Patients
Now more than ever, citizens across the nation and the world have begun to ponder the potential benefits of marijuana. As the drug has been classified as a schedule 1 within the United States, research surrounding any potential benefits had been slowed. With a growing interest in the proposed...
- New Genetic Engineering May Help Diabetes Patients with Obesity
CRISPR genetic engineering has many applications in the medical field and has revolutionized the world of genetic engineering in the last few years because it allows for very specific alteration in the DNA of human, plants and lower animal forms much faster than was previously possible.What is...
- Is Diabetes a Lifelong Condition?
For the normal functioning of our bodies, most of what we eat is broken down during digestion into glucose. Glucose is sugar that is the source of energy for our cells and organs. Glucose is transported throughout the body via the bloodstream. Insulin is a hormone that is secreted by the pancreas,...
- Dr. Margaret Rosalee Troxell D.O.1400 DOWELL SPRINGS BLVD KNOXVILLE TN 37909
- Dr. Safwan Hamwi M.D.200 New York Ave Oak Ridge TN 37830
- Dr. Gregory A Moffitt M.D.1450 Dowell Springs Blvd Knoxville TN 37909
- Dr. Daniel K Mccammon M.D.1450 Dowell Springs Blvd. Knoxville TN 37909
- Dr. David Irizarry MD266 JOULE ST ALCOA TN 37701
- Dr. Bill M Law M.D1450 Dowell Springs Blvd Knoxville TN 37909