Dr. Rumana Kazmi is a pediatrician practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Kazmi is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Kazmi diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Kazmi can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Dacca Med Coll Dacca 1970
Dhaka Med Coll, Dhaka Univ, Bangladesh 1970
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Georgetown Univ Hosp, Pediatrics; Univ Of Chicago Hosps, Pediatrics; Evanston Hosp, Pediatrics; Evanston Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Evanston Hospital 1972
- University of Chicago Hospitals 1974
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center 1977
Dr. Rumana Kazmi M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20010Get Direction
Dr. Rumana Kazmi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kazmi
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- What Causes Croup?
Croup is a common respiratory problem prevailing in young children that tends to develop in the fall or winter. It describes a deep and barking cough that is caused by an upper respiratory infection that blocks a child's ability to breathe. Its characteristic symptom is harsh coughing...
- When a Child with Autism Refuses Treatment
You have a child you love very much. You want to help them so that they can develop into as healthy and happy a person as they can be. But they refuse to cooperate with their unique autism treatment. What can you do?Children with autism can refuse treatment for a variety of reasons. Some reasons...
- Breastfeeding Children Can Reduce Their Risk of Developing Infections
Babies who are exclusively breastfed have fewer and less severe infections, when compared to babies who are partially breastfed or not breastfed at all, according to a study published in, Archives of Disease in Childhood. This protection is regardless of the healthcare and vaccinations provided to...
- What Are Fraternal Twins?
Fraternal twins definitionFraternal twins are commonly known as "non-identical twins" and can be simply defined as siblings who share the same womb but with different amniotic sacs and placentas. Biologically, they are said to be "dizygotic" meaning two different sperm cells fertilized two...
- What Is Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)?
Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaPremature infants who have problems in their respiratory system have an increased risk of bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), which is also called chronic lung disease. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) can be a serious condition, which needs intensive treatment. This...
- Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.4900 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20016
- Sawsan Attia Talib5791 Winston Court Alexandria Virginia 22311
- Bahman Shahin8294 A Old Courthouse Road Vienna Virginia 22182
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H.121 Old Solomans Island Road Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Ildiko V. Kunos3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D.2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904