Dr. Stephen Tartt is a general surgeon practicing in Meridian, MS. Dr. Tartt specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Tartt provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1978
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 1978
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- FellowAmerican College of Surgeons
- University Hosp, General Surgery
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Dr. Stephen W Tartt M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Stephen W Tartt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tartt
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Appendectomy
An appendectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the complete removal of the appendix. It is a common procedure that is performed to correct or treat appendicitis, which is a condition that is characterized by appendix inflammation. To understand what an appendectomy is, we will first briefly...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
To start you off, an appendectomy is a procedure to remove the appendix. if it is inflamed or if it ruptures. The appendix is a small, almost cylindrical organ that is attached to the large intestines. When the appendix becomes inflamed, it has to be removed immediately and this is usually done...
- Reasons Why You Need a Gallbladder Surgery
The gallbladder is found under the liver on the right side of the abdomen. It has the shape of a pear and looks like a small sac. Your liver produces a fluid used during digestion known as bile. The gallbladder stores bile before releasing it into the small intestine. If the gallbladder is infected...
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- Hans Hunt Tulip MD2111 14th St Meridian MS 39301
- Dr. Kevin M. Ward M.D.1800 12th St Meridian MS 39301
- Dr. Bradley A Boone M.D.2111 14th St Meridian MS 39301
- Dr. William A Billups M.D.2111 14th St Meridian MS 39301
- Dr. James C. Matthews M.D.1800 12th St Meridian MS 39301
- Dr. James Howard Wallace M.D.1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605