Dr. Norma Basinger M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Gynecology2713 S 74th St 301 Mercy Towers Fort Smith AR, 72903
Dr. Norma Basinger is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Fort Smith, AR. Dr. Basinger specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Basinger can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Basinger can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ of Sc Sch of Med, Columbia Sc 1989
University of South Carolina School of Medicine 1989
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Palmetto Richland Mem Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- CEME/Palmetto General Hosp Program
Dr. Norma Basinger M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Smith, AR 72903Get Direction
FORT SMITH, AR 72916Get Direction
Dr. Norma Basinger M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Basinger
- What Are the Symptoms and Treatments for Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a condition characterized by high blood pressure and the presence of excess protein in urine in women during the second half of pregnancy. If left undiagnosed and untreated, it may lead to a very serious condition called eclampsia. Eclampsia is risky to the baby and the mother, and...
- Is Gastric Bypass Effective for Weight Loss?
A new study that was published in the journal, Archives of Surgery, shows that gastric banding may not be as effective as gastric bypass surgery in regards to weight loss. Gastric banding is considered to be safer and simpler than gastric bypass surgery, and many overweight and obese people are...
- Having Small Babies May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease in Mothers
According to a new study, women who give birth to small, full-term babies have increased chances of developing heart diseases later in their life. The new study, conducted by the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galvesto, shows delivery of small babies as an independent predictor of heart...
- Everything You Need to Know About C-Sections
What is a C-section?Cesarean delivery, commonly known as C-section is a surgical procedure used to deliver a baby by making an incision in the abdomen and uterus of the mother.A C-section may be planned ahead of time or if you’ve had C-section before. Women who consider not having vaginal birth...
- Sleep Positioners May Increase a Baby's Risk of Death
A warning has been issued by the FDA and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) against the use of sleep-positioning devices for babies. About 12 deaths have been reported with the use of these devices in the last 13 years.FDA principal deputy commissioner, Joshua Sharfstein, reported that...
- Creating a ‘Sparkle of Hope’ for Women Suffering from Ovarian Cancer
Hortense Momou is a woman like no other. It is in 1995 that her inspiring story began when she and her husband left West Africa and moved to the United States. After living in New York City for a little while and then moving to Fargo, North Dakota, where they lived for 10 years, Hortense and her...
- Dr. Erica N Horn MD1500 Dodson Ave Fort Smith AR 72901
- Dr. Stuart Dean Haraway M.D.7001 Rogers Ave Fort Smith AR 72903
- Dr. Andrew Balford Riche M.D.6801 Rogers Ave Fort Smith AR 72903
- Dr. Jeanmarie Householder MD1500 Dodson Ave Fort Smith AR 72901
- Dr. Timothy Bell D.O.7001 Rogers Ave Fort Smith AR 72903
- Dr. Michel Muylaert M.D.7001 Rogers Ave Fort Smith AR 72903