Dr. Martin Ulshen M.D.
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC, 27710
Dr. Martin Ulshen is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Durham, NC. Dr. Ulshen specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Dr. Martin Ulshen M.D.'s Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
Raleigh, NC 27607Get Direction
Dr. Martin Ulshen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ulshen
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- What Is Jaundice: Get the Facts
Jaundice is the yellowish color that often appears on the skin of newborns. This condition develops when bilirubin builds up in the baby’s blood. While pregnant, the mother’s liver gets rid of the infant’s bilirubin; however, after birth, the child’s liver eliminates the bilirubin on its...
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- Studies Find that Avoiding Cow's Milk-Based Formula Does Not Reduce Celiac Risk
Food allergies are considered normal in modern society especially among children and infants, yet there are instances in which an individual can have a serious issue with consuming certain food products. These reactions are not always considered allergic reactions, and they can leave an individual...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Dr. Michael David Kappelman MD55 Fruit Street Yaw 6 Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Steven N Lichtman MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Francisco A Sylvester MD282 Washington St Hartford CT 06106
- Dr. Ajay S Gulati MD130 Mason Farm Rd Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Narayanan Venkatasubramani M.D., MRCP., MBBS.2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27705
- Dr. Tom K Lin MD3333 Burnet Ave. Cincinnati OH 45229