Dr. Peter Gloviczki is a vascular surgeon practicing in Rochester, MN. Dr. Gloviczki specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Gloviczki diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Semmelweis Orvostudomanyi Egyetem (Peter Pazmany Univ)- Budapest 1972
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Surgical Procedures, Varicose Veins, Vascular Malformations
- MemberMinnesota Medical Association/Zumbro Valley
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, General Surgery; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Cardiovascular Surgery
- Semmelweis University Affiliated Hospitals
- Resident - Cardiovascular Surgery: Hospital St. Michel, Paris, France
- Resident - Cardiac and Vascular Surgery: Hospital St. Joseph, Paris, France
- Mayo Clinic
- Fellow - Vascular Surgery: Institute of Vascular Surgery, Semmelweis Medical University
- Fellow - Mayo Academic Fellow, Peripheral Vascular Surgery: Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Fellow - Vascular Surgery: Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Experience & Accolades
- Member2012 - 2013President, Society for Vascular Surgery
- Member2007 - 2008 President, World Federation of Vascular Societies
- Member2004 - 2005 President, Midwestern Vascular Surgical Society
- Member2002 - 2004 President, International Union of Angiology
- Member2002 - 2003 President, American Venous Forum
Dr. Peter Gloviczki M.D.'s Practice location
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Peter Gloviczki M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Dr. Jesse M Manunga M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Jill Kathleen Johnstone M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Jeffrey John Nienaber M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Adam H Power MD200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Shaun Michael Gifford M.D.2200 Bergquist Dr Lackland TX 78236
- Dr. Randall Rich De martino M.D.1 Medical Center Dr Lebanon NH 03756